|O, Karen / Crush Songs|
|Add Date:||2014-09-26||Pull Date:||2014-11-28|
|Week Ending:||30 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep|
|1.||Nov 10, 2021:||regular school (rebroadcast from Dec 3, 2018) |
|4.||May 11, 2017:||serenity now |
|2.||Aug 30, 2021:||regular school (rebroadcast from Dec 3, 2018) |
|5.||Nov 27, 2014:||Meow |
Day Go By
|3.||Dec 03, 2018:||regular school |
|6.||Nov 24, 2014:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand |
Karen O, also the lead singer of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, brings us her first solo record. It is quirky and weird and stripped down and simple and totally beautiful. Mostly acoustic, minimal production. It takes a couple listens to really get into, but I am super into it. Also, take a second to read the liner notes, here is a sample: "When I was 27 I crushed A LOT. I wasn't sure I'd ever fall in love again. These songs were written + recorded in private around this time. They are the soundtrack to what was an ever continuing LOVE CRUSADE. I hope they keep you company on yours." Enough said. |
FCC WARNING: Track 2 (FUCK)
Favorites: 1, 4, 6, **9**, **10**, 13
1. (1:29) Ooo - Down tempo, Karen and a guitar (This will become a theme)
2. FCC FUCK (1:47) Rapt - Great, but can't play it.
3. (1:33) Visits - This one has some drum machine, random notes on the guitar, cool melody though, sounds like yeah yeah yeahs with no electricity.
4. (2:56) Beast - Creepy tune on the guitar, dreamy distant vocals. "I like the man I love the beast."
5. (1:06) Comes The Night -Tired sounding vocals, almost no guitar, some backing vocals this time (if you can even call them that)
6. (0:57) Nyc Baby - Simple song, sweet melody, about leaving somebody behind. Moral, long distance dating is hard.
7. (1:08) Otherside - Chimes are added to the Karen + guitar combo.
8. (1:34) So Far - More Karen + Guitar...super slow, still hauntingly awesome.
9. (2:16) Day Go By - This one is the super accessible one. It is pretty great. "Can't sleep I'm wasted wasted." Seems upbeat, but not so much when you listen closely.
10. (2:28) Body - Another of my favorites. Still just Karen and a guitar, oh and someone making clicking sounds with their mouth...and some chimes. Nothing wrong with a song reminding you to take care of yourself in a relationship.
11. (1:23) King - Not my favorite, but perhaps a little more accessible musically then some of the earlier tracks.
12. (1:04) Indian Summer - Distant and dreamy
13. (1:13) Sunset Sun - Love this one too. Super sweet and plucky.
14. (4:16) Native Korean Rock/Sing Along - There is a glitch on this track. Ends at 1:09 and has about 30 seconds of silence...then goes into the last song Sing Along which starts at 2:10. Love the last one, too bad it will be almost impossible to play.
|2.||Rapt||9.||Day Go By|
|5.||Comes The Night||12.||Indian Summer|
|6.||Nyc Baby||13.||Sunset Sun|
|7.||Otherside||14.||Native Korean Rock/Sing Along|