|Interpol / El Pintor|
|Add Date:||2014-09-26||Pull Date:||2014-11-28|
|Week Ending:||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct|
|1.||Mon, 06 May 19:||a.b. en masse|
indignant, insecure, in taco bell
|4.||Sat, 01 Apr 17:||a.b. en masse|
|2.||Sun, 13 Jan 19:||Nova|
|5.||Sat, 04 Mar 17:||a.b. en masse|
|3.||Fri, 26 Jan 18:||a.b. en masse|
|6.||Tue, 28 Feb 17:||a.b. en masse|
Post-punk / Indie Rock / Alt-Rock. Fifth album and first release since hiatus in 2011. Formed on NYU campus in 1997, they have been around a while, though their sound on El Pintor is much the same as it has been since Turn on the Bright Lights. RIYL: The National, Joy Division, White Lies. FCC on 5, 8|
1. (4:22) Driving pop, catchy and upbeat, heavy forward electric guitar riff, “It’s all the rage back home”
2. (5:00) Mid-tempo, forward guitar riff, dramatic male vocals
3. (3:13) *Deep heavy bass riff brought forward, quarter note bass drum smash. “I could go anywhere”
4. (4:10) *Repetitive electric guitar riff, a little funky, then bass kicks in, chill song.
5. (3:09) FCC don’t play, shame this is a good song.
6. (3:33) *Fuzzy guitar intro. mid pace. Good song.
7. (4:14) Dark and noisy, constant bass drum smash, much cymbal, same as other songs.
8. (3:01) FCC don’t play
9. (4:18) Synth and drum intro, classic interpol guitar, good pace, random sound effects. Noisy end.
10. (4:57) Intro stars soft, volume builds, drums and guitar, distorted vocals. Emotional song.
|1.||All The Rage Back Home||6.||Everything Is Wrong|
|2.||My Desire||7.||Breaker 1|
|4.||Same Town, New Story||9.||Tidal Wave|
|5.||My Blue Supreme||10.||Twice As Hard|