|Mozart's Sister / Being|
|Label:||Asthmatic Kitty Records|
|Add Date:||2014-09-19||Pull Date:||2014-11-21|
|Week Ending:||2 Nov||26 Oct||21 Sep|
|1.||Nov 01, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Sep 20, 2014:||The Fishbowl |
My House Is Wild
|2.||Oct 30, 2014:||Meow |
Good Thing Bad Thing
|5.||Sep 20, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Oct 23, 2014:||ZoeRadio |
|6.||Sep 17, 2014:||A-philiac |
My House Is Wild, Salty Tear, Good Thing Bad Thing
Electronic / indie pop. Mozart’s sister is the stage name of Caila Thompson-Hannant. Her music is sparse, dancey electronica, and easily relatable to fellow Canadian Grimes. It is however, much less gothic and dark. Her vocals are heavily distorted, yet audible, and often soulful. Team Clermont promoted. RIYL: Little Dragon, Grimes, Robyn, Autre Ne Veut, Zola Jesus, Kelela, FKA Twigs. FCC on 2, 6|
1. (3:14) *Happy grimes, synthy and soulful, dance beat
2. (3:33) FCC don’t play, electronic staccato pulse, much girly oowwoo oh’s
3. (1:33) *Pop Grimes, jumpy low tone electronic dance beat, layered vocal tracks with echo and reverb.
4. (4:23) *Layered vocal tracks, electronic bass beat, mid paced, sparse
5. (4:05) *Slow and dreamy, piano synth, sparse, deep bass beat, some distorted acoustic guitar samples, picks up with trippy echo laden vocals over dance beat
6. (5:39) FCC don’t play, could be a Robyn song.
7. (4:02) *Upbeat and dancey, soulful, lost of electronic dance beats mixed over heavily distorted vocals.
8. (2:14) Slow and dark at first, very Little Dragon-esque. Picks up with layered dance beat.
9. (2:48) *Happy staccato dancey beat with synth piano. Soulful vocals. Stressed lyrics, she is being dumped. Heavy synth piano fills sound at end.
10. (4:35) *Much of the same, sparse dance beat, soulful vocals, “My house is wild”
11. (3:00) Heavy deep beat, repeats, “Chained together” in deep heavy voice. Antagonistic nasally vocals in verse, cool beat in background.
|1.||Good Thing Bad Thing||6.||Bow A Kiss|
|3.||Faif||8.||Do It To Myself (Run Run)|
|4.||Lone Wolf||9.||Don't Leave It To Me|
|5.||A Move||10.||My House Is Wild|