|Naomi Punk / Television Man|
|Add Date:||2014-09-26||Pull Date:||2014-11-28|
|Week Ending:||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct|
|1.||Fri, 05 Oct 18:||glu|
|4.||Thu, 04 Jun 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum
|2.||Sun, 06 Sep 15:||Mister Esquire|
Meow After Midnight
|5.||Mon, 26 Jan 15:||Pixel|
|3.||Fri, 28 Aug 15:||Mister Esquire|
Meow After Midnight
|6.||Thu, 01 Jan 15:||Mister Esquire|
Meow: The Best Of 2014
post-punk three-piece from olympia. most songs are made of six-second mathy guitar and drum patterns repeating. neurotic, extended delivery of vocals. i liked this release a lot. expect repetitive lofi guitar, jittery percussion. too distorted to spot any FCCs with confidence. riyl cloud nothings, repetitive music like the fall.|
1. rattling start-and-stop grunge riffs with loud cymbal punctuation. vocals way backgrounded.
2. repetitive and distorted blues rock guitar, snares, with a gargling, extending vocal delivery.
*3. two chords slowly develop into an anxious, pissy, repetitive title track (all of these in a good way). slows down until it falls apart at the end. stoner gang of four.
4. bluesier continuation of the guitar from 3, with deft keyboard/synth work layered underneath.
5. cold and isolated guitar brought to the front here. splashy. yelled but quiet vocals
6. shortest song, lowest of lofi recording quality. super low and growling guitar with high vocals.
7. crusty single chord repeating for most of the song. drops to quieter and more percussive before exploding in snotty no wave vocals.
*8. simple mathy riff and arena drums. entire song sounds like the last six seconds of a song and i love it. “you open the door”
9. two metallic synths, one low and growling and one high. another funky short track.
10. longest track by far. starts with some strung-out and doomy guitar and splashy drums. gets bluesier. high monotone vocals with layering. ends with 45 seconds of feedback.
|1.||Firehose Face||6.||California Truth|
|2.||Song Factory||7.||Eon Of Pain|
|3.||Television Man||8.||Linoleum Tryst #19|
|4.||Plastic World No. 6||9.||Whirlpool Of Anguish|
|5.||Eleven Inches||10.||Rodeo Trash Pit|