|Neo-Kalashnikovs, The / She's On Heat|
|Album:||She's On Heat||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-09-26||Pull Date:||2014-11-28|
|Week Ending:||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct|
|1.||Jan 01, 2015:||Meow: The Best Of 2014 |
|4.||Nov 20, 2014:||Meow |
|2.||Nov 27, 2014:||Meow |
Turn The Tables
|5.||Nov 13, 2014:||Meow |
|3.||Nov 24, 2014:||Clean Copper Radio |
|6.||Nov 13, 2014:||The Fishbowl |
I Don't Wanna Be Your Friend
Alt rock. The Neo-Kalashnikovs are a new band from Auckland, New Zealand. Three siblings making music together. Clearly enunciated, powerful female vox soaring over guitar and drum. Lots of power guitar on this album: growly, sometimes fuzzy. Repetitive (but catchy!) riffs. The vocalist is really quite good.|
Definitely check this one out. There are some great singles on here.
No FCCs. Recommended: 5, 2, 1, 14, 7
1) “Turn the Tables” (2:45): Relentlessly methodical, catchy rhythm.
2) “Gorgeous Baby” (4:21): Gentle lyrics, with some light tapping of the cymbals in the background. If you’re interested, there’s an atrocious music video online.
3) “To Russia” (3:46): “I want to go to Russia.” Perfect if you have a Russia-themed show?
4) “Diamonds” (3:18): Great, explosive chorus.
5) “Shining Star” (3:54): Unexpectedly rich sound. Is that banjo and violin in the background? Unlike the other songs on the album. Superb.
6) “Treat Me Right” (3:22): A song about jealousy.
7) “I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend” (4:00): “I don’t want to be your friend / I wanna be lovers instead.”
8) “Paranoia” (3:58): Great growly guitar, nice use of piano. One of the more complex songs on the album.
9) “Run My Way” (4:10): A disjointed, but fascinating mix of piano and guitar.
10) “Heartstrings” (2:46): “I can only be what I can be / So stop pulling on my heartstrings.”
11) “Tell You What I Wanna” (3:02): A song about domestic violence. Somehow this song seems more lo-fi than the rest of the album? Could this be my imagination?
12) “Bohemia” (3:42): A song dedicated to a rocker who passed away.
13) “Take It or Leave It” (3:20): Flirty, lighter song.
14) “Blue Lithium” (3:44): This song is rougher around the edges and more unstable on its feet. I rather liked it.
|1.||Turn The Tables||5.||Shining Star|
|2.||Gorgeous Baby||6.||Treat Me Right|
|3.||To Russia||7.||I Don't Wanna Be Your Friend|
|9.||Run My Way|