|Perfume Genius / Too Bright|
|Artist:||Perfume Genius||Added:||Sep 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-09-26||Pull Date:||2014-11-28|
|Week Ending:||Nov 30||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9||Nov 2||Oct 26||Oct 19||Oct 12|
|1.||Oct 01, 2019:||nearby galaxies |
|4.||Jan 01, 2015:||Meow: The Best Of 2014 |
|2.||Feb 19, 2015:||A-philiac |
No Good, Don't Let Them In, Fool
|5.||Dec 12, 2014:||A Visit From Drum (Best of 014) |
|3.||Jan 29, 2015:||Moonlight Impressions |
|6.||Dec 11, 2014:||ZoeRadio |
This is the third studio album from Perfume Genius, out on Matador. Perfume Genius is Mike Hadreas, who first got discovered by Los Campesinos! around 2008 after he started producing music from his mom's house in Everett, WA and posting it to a MySpace page. His first album "Learning" came out in 2010 and his second album "Put Your Back N 2 It" came out in 2012. I have listened to it about 10 times in the past 3 days. It is so awesome and unique, does not disappoint. For those who do not know, Perfume Genius tends to put songs out that vary from soulful piano ballads, to more accessible indie pop songs, to tracks that I can only classify as experimental (not my area of expertise). But the album is great! So play it often.|
FCC WARNING: Track 7 (SHIT)
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3,4, 8, 11
1. (1:58) I Decline - Short, sparsely sprinkled piano notes and vocals only, with some ambient sounding string embellishments.
2. (3:51) Queen - Vocal and guitar distortion. Mid tempo. Synth builds in and drives. Huge sound. Awesome.
3. (3:56) Fool - Great melody, more of a poppy feel, great layering of melodies and instruments.
4. (3:50) No Good - Piano, strings, harmonies, and that voice. So beautiful. My favorite I think.
5. (2:18) My Body - Guitar distortion, creepy distant vocals, super weird with some crazy chaos.
6. (2:21) Don't Let Them In - Piano, vox and strings, female harmonies.
7. FCC SHIT (2:39) Grid - Synth, drum machine, and some weird screechy sound. Echoey vocals.
8. (2:51) Longpig - This one is awesome, electronic feel, tribal drums, lots of harmonizing.
9. (3:31) I'm A Mother - Almost indistinguishable lyrics, minimal instrumentation, mainly tones that build in volume and complexity.
10. (3:25) Too Bright - Another piece of piano and vocal harmonies. Super pretty and super urgent.
11. (2:35) All Along - Great way to end the album, another track that starts minimal and has such soulful lyrics and great melody. Instruments build in about half way through. So so good.
|1.||I Decline||6.||Don't Let Them In|
|4.||No Good||9.||I'm A Mother|
|5.||My Body||10.||Too Bright|