|Booker, Benjamin / Benjamin Booker|
|Add Date:||2014-10-03||Pull Date:||2014-12-05|
|Week Ending:||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||19 Oct||12 Oct|
|1.||Fri, 16 Sep 16:||Kandy|
|4.||Wed, 12 Aug 15:||Zoë|
|2.||Fri, 09 Sep 16:||Kandy|
|5.||Thu, 11 Dec 14:||Zoë|
|3.||Tue, 03 May 16:||iota|
does radio suck?
|6.||Thu, 04 Dec 14:||Zoë|
Garage Pop / Blues rock / Roadhouse. Debt album for Tampa born rocker Benjamin Booker. RIYL: Think Jack White, the Black Keys, and the Alabama shakes, but trashier, a little more punk and solid blues. FCC on 1 and 7.|
1. (2:46) **FCC Garagey roadhouse stomp. Driving killer song.
2. (2:20) * Slow, lof-fi distorted intro, picks up into a roadhouse-esque pop rock shuffle. Danceable and fun.
3. (3:14) * Bass heavy strut, roadhouse Stray cats, bluesy organ in background, mellows out at end.
4. (4:32)** Raspy vocals on dreamy ballad, organ, electric guitar, drums, bass
5. (3:28) *Upbeat, heavy drums and guitar, garage pop song
6. (5:08) **Upbeat garage pop song, becomes noisy around 3:20, grungy guitar solo
7. (3:03) * FCC Starts slow and earnest, dramatic, picks up with guitar, organ, and drums. At 2 minutes gets really going.
8. (4:35) *Cool guitar strut, gets a little noisy sometimes.
9. (3:05) *Slow, lethargic, dreamy strumming with raspy vocals.
10. (2:50) *Fast and upbeat, has some very pop elements, driving song
11. (5:35) *Most of the song is down tempo, except for the chorus, which is upbeat and noisy. Good song, similar to others. Get really into a groove by 3:45
12. (3:50) *Begins with raspy slurred vocals over lazy bluesy guitar. Gets loud at end. Picks up, repeating “By the evening, I will be long gone”
|1.||Violent Shiver||7.||Spoon Out My Eyeballs|
|2.||Always Waiting||8.||Happy Homes|
|3.||Chippewa||9.||I Thought I Heard You Screaming|
|4.||Slow Coming||10.||Old Hearts|
|5.||Wicked Water||11.||Kids Never Growing Older|
|6.||Have You Seen My Son?||12.||By The Evening|