|So Cow / Long Con, The|
|Album:||Long Con, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-10-03||Pull Date:||2014-12-05|
|Week Ending:||7 Dec||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||19 Oct||12 Oct|
|1.||Dec 04, 2014:||Meow |
|4.||Nov 06, 2014:||The Fishbowl |
|2.||Dec 01, 2014:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand |
I Want Out
|5.||Oct 30, 2014:||The Fishbowl |
I Want Out
|3.||Nov 14, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|6.||Oct 17, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Science Fiction, Get Down Off That Thing
Garage rock / Indie Rock/ Punk / Noise. / Lo-fi. So Cow was founded by Irish rocker Brian Kelly in 2005. Kelly has self-released a variety of music online under his name and that of So Cow. This release has two other band members and was produced by Greg Saunier of Deerhoof. Play 2, 5, 11. FCC clean.|
1. (2:46) Whimsical weird noisy punk. Bridge is fast and angry… but still has xylophone…
2. (2:20) *Lo-fi chill 90’s indie rock sound. Has some pavement feel.
3. (3:14) Super weird jangle rock song about going to a sugar factory. Has blow whistles, pretty much sucks.
4. (4:32) The beginning is pretty rough but the song gets better. Sounds like early 2000’s slow hardcore, maybe sunny day diary mixed with 90’s pop indie rock.
5. (3:28) *Fun poppy punk song, garage rock. Gets real noisy at end.
6. (5:08) Chill 90’s indie rock sound, mid paced walk, electric guitar, some organ, drums, and bass.
7. (3:03) Faster and driving, darker, solid instrumental jam.
8. (4:35) Pop garage punk, maybe a little cloud nothings. Okay track.
9. (3:05) *Indie alt-rock, a little poppy because it is melodic, good track.
10. (2:50) Weird noisy punk song, random electric guitar bends like you’d get in a nirvana song.
11. (5:35) * Pretty acoustic intro, picks up with electric guitar the full band.
12. (3:50) *Pop punk rock, sad about woman leaving him, “Ooowhoaa oowhoa hoo”, Gets noisy in between chorus and verse. Becomes garage strut stomp.
13. (3:46) Pop punk rock. Many many bends. Good song, but would be better if chorus wasn’t him shouting “Barry Barry Barry Richardson”.