|Zammuto / Anchor|
|Label:||Temporary Residence Ltd.|
|Add Date:||2014-10-03||Pull Date:||2014-12-05|
|Week Ending:||7 Dec||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct|
|1.||Sat, 04 Apr 15:||Eme O|
|4.||Wed, 03 Dec 14:||Mr. Tumnus|
|2.||Thu, 04 Dec 14:||Zoë|
|5.||Wed, 12 Nov 14:||Mr. Tumnus|
|3.||Thu, 04 Dec 14:||Mister Esquire|
|6.||Thu, 06 Nov 14:||Zoë|
Electronica / Folktronica / Indietronica. Second album from Nick Zammuto of the Books. He is now in a four piece with he brother and friends. Spacious and melancholy, check it out if you are a fan of The Books. RIYL: The Books, Caribou, Maybe a little Dan Deacon, Boards of Canada, Less pop side of Wye Oak and Sylvan Esso. FCC: 8|
1. (4:44) * Pretty synth strings intro, melancholy, synth keys bring in melody and add drum set. Vocals are soft and airy, chill song.
2. (4:02) * Long heavy distorted beats with repetitive melodic guitar and soft beat layer, soft vocals, electric guitar melody, after chorus electronic keys play melody, cool juxtaposition of sounds.
3. (3:35) Psychedelic 60’s rock vocals with awesome percussion and electronic beats. The lyrics get annoying because he repeats the word hegemony like 100 times.
4. (3:41) * Melancholy mid pace electronica with dreamy chorus and soft vocals.
5. (4:05) *Driving bass under current with sparse synth piano mixed in, building, subtle crescendo and decrescendo.
6. (2:04) Chill sparse electronica with multiple layers. Instrumental.
7. (3:32) * Sparse dance beat with multiple layers. Chorus has echoed vocals over deep heavy beat. Good song.
8. (2:35) FCC. Dance dance dance
9. (3:26) Soft melancholy and spacey. cool percussion, synth piano is a little awkward
10. (4:36) Lazy synth ambience over steady and repetitive drums, soft melancholy vocals, gets kind of noisy and dramatic, least spacey song on album
11. (3:30) Again, melancholy synth piano layers with soft vocals.
|1.||Good Graces||6.||Don't Be A Tool|
|2.||Great Equator||7.||Electric Ant|
|4.||Henry Lee (Trad.)||9.||Stop Counting|
|5.||Need Some Sun||10.||Sinker|