|Dive Index / Lost In The Pressure|
|Album:||Lost In The Pressure||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-10-31||Pull Date:||2015-01-02|
|Week Ending:||14 Dec||7 Dec|
|1.||Dec 11, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
|2.||Dec 03, 2014:||Radio Personality |
Genre: electro-pop, down-tempo, ambient|
Dive index is LA/NY electronic producer Will Thomas. This album spans quite a few genres including ambient, pop, indie rock, house and a few in-between. Two collaboraters ( Isaiah Gage and Simone White) provide lyrics and vocals for all the songs, however none of the tracks features both of them. This is the type of music you would hear in an electronic chill out room, “head-boppy” but won’t overwhelm you with the need to dance.
Others: Dntel, glasser, austra
FCC: 2 (one use). Favorites: 3, 5, 7, 11
1. (4:31) soulful male vocals with downbeat electronic drum work. Some really cool subtle cello sounds.
2. (4:19) (FCC: shit) track is a bit more up-tempo with guitar and keyboards. Prominent male vocals with more of an “indie rock” vibe on this one.
3. (4:44) beautiful females vocals accompanied by tingly string instrumentation. Has an awesome breakdown before the cello returns towards the end of the song.
4. (4:38) male vocals drive track even more than previous. Slight droning noises behind heavy percussion sounds.
5. (4:37) loving the songs with the female vocals. Almost provides a more fitting voice to the music. Cello is strong throughout this one with awesome dark sounding synth work.
6. (4:20) track emotes anxious vibe. Woobley bass with more cello work, trippier sounding on this one. 2 minutes in, song comes to a halt and becomes just male vocals with keyboard. Goes back and finishes off how it started.
7. (4:42) lovely female vocals again with lots of tempo changes in song. static background noises with a heavy synth breakdown. Cool layering of vocals towards the end of the track.
8. (4:36) track starts off typical males vocals/drums but gains momentum and becomes an almost downtempo house track with a 4/4 drum beat.
9. (4:57) Starts off with heavy percussion with landscapy synth work. Some really beautiful guitar work for the rest of the song emits the indie rock vibes again.
10. (4:12) only song with the female vocals that isn’t exceptional. Some interesting vocals samples with the drums. Overall pretty forgettable.
11. (4:42) ****starts off with cello front and center, takes over again in the middle. Really nice downtempo drums and guitar work. for the first time on the album I am loving the male vocals and feel them really come to life. This song is exceptional, everything comes together flawlessly.
12. (3:22) piano is prominent and full sounding. Cello again, vocals are hazy and almost become almost spoken word.
|1.||Rewind Your Patience||7.||Pattern Pieces|
|2.||A Person To Hide With||8.||No Stab Wounds|
|3.||Counting Umbrellas||9.||Push And Shove|
|4.||Be Cold With Me||10.||Scars|
|5.||If I Ever Have You||11.||Sea Glass|
|6.||Constant Chatter||12.||Singing To Bats|