|Willits, Christopher / Opening|
|Add Date:||2014-10-31||Pull Date:||2015-01-02|
|Week Ending:||4 Jan||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov|
|1.||Jan 21, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|4.||Nov 13, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
|2.||Jan 01, 2015:||Freshman Phenomenon |
|5.||Nov 05, 2014:||minimum entropy |
|3.||Nov 19, 2014:||Brownian Motion |
Genre: ambient, drone|
Bay- Area based Christopher Willits is a respected multimedia artist and long-time contributor to contemporary ambient music. This album takes the listener on an absolute journe. The album sounds very inspiring and optimistic which easily allows for great landscape imagery. The music is extremely textured and complex but still provides for an easy and pleasant listening experience. This album was released with an accompanying visual video which show the scenes and places that inspired Willits to make his latest release for Ghostly International.
Others: tycho, Ulrich schnauss, brian eno
FCC CLEAN (Instrumental). Favorites: 2, 3, 4
1. (4:46) Booming drone track with static noises and interesting field sampling. Very drawn out/slowed down vocals come in and out.
2. (5:43) Transitions out of Track #1. Continues with the drone vibes but slowly evolves into shimmering, tycho-esque synths and strings.
3. (6:15) bright ambient sounds for first half of the song. Slight drum beat comes in around the middle along with the drawn out vocal samples.
4. (5:09) Very, very textured track. Beautiful field recordings mixed with drone noises along with mesmerizing string work. Subtle percussion comes in middle of the tracks and builds to become the primary driver of the song to finish.
5. (7:33) long ambient building up into some haunting strings. breaks 3 minutes in into feel-good synths and guitar tones.
6. (9:14) ethereal sounding synths create an epic build-up into downtempo drum beat that dominates from hallway-on.
7. (6:15) field recording of rain begins the song. Drawn out, dark drone noises provide a great finish to the album.