|Caribou / Our Love|
|Add Date:||2014-10-10||Pull Date:||2014-12-12|
|Week Ending:||Dec 14||Dec 7||Nov 30||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9||Nov 2||Oct 26|
|1.||Jan 21, 2022:||The Offbeat Generation |
Can't Do Without You
|4.||Jul 19, 2017:||day tapes #2 |
|2.||Aug 09, 2018:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|5.||Jul 05, 2017:||All Passion No Technique |
|3.||Oct 26, 2017:||All Passion No Technique |
Can't Do Without You
|6.||Feb 16, 2017:||All Passion No Technique |
Genre: dance, love, house, r&b|
Much loved Canadian producer Dan Snaith is back after the universal acclaim of “Swim” with an even more blatantly dance-infused album. Great layers and focus on hidden pockets of sound. Warm, romantic, and well-suited for autumn/winter listening. No FCCs.
Others: Four Tet, Royksopp, Daphni
No FCCs. Favorites: 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9
1. (3:57) *** Lo-fi distant repetition of vocal hook. Watery bass line and simple beat. Eventually comes up to a normal volume and adds some ride cymbal to the mix. Tender finish.
2. (5:18) *** Woozy synths and really awesome little vocal snippets (Definite Four Tet vibe). High reverby male vocals. 3/4 time electronica. Loving this one.
3. (3:54) * Repeating bubbly synth melody and crisp snare hits.
4. (5:36) *** One of the singles and for a reason. Classic Caribou bass line and airy vocals. Nice syncopated beat. A total jam.
5. (2:08) ** Instrumental. Great sample manipulation and beautiful synths.
6. (4:01) Airy female vocals from hyperdub up and comer Jessy Lanza. Honestly not feeling this one very much but if you’re into Jessy Lanza then you’ll like this. FKA Twigs/pop feel to this. Not bad, just feels out of place.
7. (2:05) ** High energy two-step feel to this. Only wish it was longer.
8. (5:47) ** Busy percussion and exploratory flute melody. Cool track.
9. (3:35) *** Soft vocals and hand percussion faintly heard in the background. One of the most lyrical and emotionally effective tracks on the album
10. (5:49) * Reprise of melody and vocals from track 3. Awesome string section. Dies down then brings back the beat and throws some atmospheric synths into the mix. Nice little synth coda.
|1.||Can't Do Without You||6.||Second Chance (Ft. Jessy Lanza)|
|3.||All I Ever Need||8.||Mars|
|4.||Our Love||9.||Back Home|
|5.||Dive||10.||Your Love Will Set You Free|