|Lewis & Clarke / Triumvirate|
|Artist:||Lewis & Clarke||Added:||Oct 2014|
|Label:||La Societe Expeditionnaire|
|Add Date:||2014-10-17||Pull Date:||2014-12-19|
|Week Ending:||Dec 21||Dec 14||Nov 30||Nov 16||Nov 9||Nov 2||Oct 26|
|1.||Jan 09, 2015:||The Sunset Life (2014 Favorites, Part 2) |
|4.||Dec 12, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Jan 01, 2015:||Freshman Phenomenon |
Children Of The Sun
|5.||Nov 28, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Dec 18, 2014:||Meow |
|6.||Nov 14, 2014:||Time Traveler |
Luxurious, naturalistic, wintry slowcore from Pennsylvania—somewhere near the intersection of Talk Talk’s Spirit of Eden and Great Lake Swimmers. These songs unfurl unhurriedly and majestically, never reaching dynamic peaks, but always bathed in generous folk and orchestral instrumentation. Bandleader Lou Rogai’s relaxed baritone reminds me of David Sylvian or Steve Kilbey. All songs are slow and relatively similar in style. Favorites: 1, 3, 6, 10, 11. No FCCs.|
1. *(10:42)—Overcast, plaintive, incantatory. Stays calm, glides along.
2. (6:37)—Brighter, piano-driven, romantic waltz. Builds near the end.
3. *(4:00)—Rolling, compact. The calm keyboards make me think of The American Analog Set.
4. (8:28)—Halting rhythm. Yearning and epically minded. Picks up speed, leads to a slightly jazzy finish.
5. (5:39)—Dramatic, straightforward piano ballad.
6. *(5:38)—Lamenting folk with a jazz rhythm—until the chorus, sounds like a track from Sylvian’s Secrets of the Beehive.
7. (1:45)—Instrumental. Calm and grand, with insistent but muted drums.
8. (6:47)—Minimal, cloudy, torch-song folk in the verses. Brighter, optimistic choruses.
9. (2:28)—Instrumental, jazzy. Recording of a boy telling a story about trees.
10. *(7:09)—Heavy tom beat. Skyward strings, lovely chorus.
11. *(8:06)—Busier, more assertive drums. Gorgeous, slower mid-section with Rogai’s layered harmonies.
|1.||Eve's Wing||6.||Children Of The Sun|
|2.||Black Cloud||7.||Pompeii's Dream|
|3.||Resistance||8.||The Turning Sky|
|5.||The Reach & The Grasp||10.||The Ride|