All tracks FCC safe
This is the second East/West fusion CD by Valley Entertainment Inc where the producers attempt to mix well known English songs and artists with songs by various world artists. Previous CD was ‘Lullabies from the Axis of Evil’ (Tag #761318) in 2004. This CD pairs Western singers and songs of ‘freedom’ with an impressive array of indie/independent Arab singers. **TRY: 2, 3, 8
1. Feedom/A New Beginning--features Blind Boys of Alabama singing Richie Havens’ ‘Freedom’ with Egypt’s Eskenderella singing ‘Safha Gedeeda.’ 5:24
**2. Not a Word Was Spoken/ Dancing in the Streets--brings Lebanese singer Tania Saleh singing ‘Ma Elna Shi’ with American bluesman Terry Evans. 4:57
**3. A Simple Song of Freedom/Once We Were True Rebels--combines Ray Benson of Asleep at the Wheel with Tunisia’s Mounir Troudi singing ‘Trop Tard’ in Arabic [lyrics by poet Fouad Al-Hamdi] 5:00
4. Beyond These Doors/Get Up, Stand Up--mixes Egypt’s Dina El Wedidi with Glenn Tilbrook of Squeeze. 7:15
5. Ol’ Mother Earth/I Still Exist fuses Maria McKee with Massar Egbari, a popular Egyptian band that sings ‘Ana Mawgood.’ 5:48
6. Bread, Freedom/ If I Can Dream--combines Egyptian revolutionary singer Ramy Essam with bluesman Mighty Sam McClain. 4:45
7. Danger Zone--by Soozie Tyrell (E Street Band) in English.
**8. Break Your Fears--by Palestinian singer Rim Banna continues the feel of the previous track, but in Arabic.
9. Once Upon a Time/Many Rivers to Cross—by Tunisia’s Lobna Noomene and film singer-songwriter Lisbeth Scott.