|Broods / Evergreen|
|Label:||Capitol Records Inc.|
|Add Date:||2014-11-07||Pull Date:||2015-01-09|
|Week Ending:||4 Jan||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov|
|1.||Dec 14, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
|4.||Aug 12, 2015:||ZoëRadio |
Mother & Father
|2.||Nov 30, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
|5.||Jan 19, 2015:||Radio Personality |
|3.||Jul 25, 2016:||ZoëRadio |
Mother & Father
|6.||Jan 02, 2015:||Time Traveler |
This is the full length debut from New Zealand duo BROODS (all caps like CHVRCHES and BANKS, so you can guess what they sound like...and you can predict that I fucking love this album). This is alt-electro pop all the way. Hard driving and super catchy cover to cover. Lots of mellow-ish versus with huge builds at the chorus. Anyway, it rules. Play often. RIYL: CHVRCHES, The XX, Lorde, BANKS|
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 11
1. (3:08) Mother & Father - Up tempo, full choruses, stuck in my head all day today.
2. (3:41) Everytime - More dark and downtempo, still builds at the chorus and has some good oh-oh-ohs and another infectious hook.
3. (3:34) Killing You - This one is almost reminiscent of The XX, and it is awesome. "We can make up for it on the weekend."
4. (3:12) Bridges - This is the radio single, super catchy and very good. If this is where alt-pop is headed I am happy.
5. (2:48) L.A.F - Jumpier, very like CHVRCHES.
6. (4:12) Never Gonna Change - The lyrics of this song are super dark. It's for sure about a bad break up/prolonged bad relationship. Beautiful.
7. (4:02) Sober - This one is kind of the throw away track...
8. (4:43) Medicine - Super minimal, very slow, very pretty.
9. (4:27) Evergreen - Mid-tempo, super cool instrumentation and harmonies.
10. (3:28) Four Walls - A little more clarity on the lyrics on this one, less electronic at the beginning, builds into another huge track but stays mid temp.
11. (3:47) Super Star - This one feels very Lorde and it is an awesome catchy way to close the album.
|1.||Mother & Father||6.||Never Gonna Change|