|Hozier / Hozier|
|Add Date:||2014-11-14||Pull Date:||2015-01-16|
|Week Ending:||18 Jan||4 Jan||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||16 Nov|
|1.||Nov 12, 2018:||Radiant Airwaves |
|4.||Sep 26, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
|2.||Nov 04, 2018:||Radiant Airwaves |
|5.||Dec 16, 2016:||DJ YJ and Tina |
Jackie And Wilson, From Eden
|3.||Apr 28, 2018:||Radiant Airwaves |
|6.||Nov 04, 2016:||The Road Trip |
Jackie And Wilson
This is the debut album from Hozier, a 24 year old, super tall, Irishman. It is incredible, my favorite album in a long time. Combo of beautiful acoustic songs, super bluesy songs, and soul anthems. He has the potential to make soul music popular and that make me incredibly happy. I pretty much listen to this once a day so I love each song for different reasons, but take a listen and play this often. |
Recommended tracks: 1, **3**, 6, 9, 10, 12, **13**
1. (4:02) Take Me To Church - This song is so awesome, first radio single right now. It is one of the soul anthems, I like to play this loud and belt the words in my car...pretty much daily.
2. (3:39) Angel Of Small Death & The Codeine Scene - This one is darker, chanty, and has a driving chorus that you want to stomp your feet along to.
3. (3:43) Jackie And Wilson - This is my favorite. Up tempo rhythm and blues love song. "we'll name our children Jackie & Wilson, raise 'em on rhythm and blues"
4. (3:43) Someone New - This one has almost a 60s soul quality to it. Up tempo and catchy.
5. (5:24) To Be Alone - Down tempo, great blues guitar to drive the song, simple and dark. "It's the God that heroine prays to."
6. (4:43) From Eden - This is a feel good love song, amazing melody, great harmonies, this one is really really great.
7. (5:18) In A Week (Featuring Karen Cowley) - Another down tempo track. Beautiful guitar, brushes on the drums, and female harmonies.
8. (3:28) Sedated - This feels like it could have fit on the Sam Smith album, so it is awesome. More anthemic, his voice is really incredible and the harmonies on the chorus are awesome.
9. (3:50) Work Song - This one has a slow and steady beat and humming in the background with that amazing soulful voice over the top. "when my time comes around, lay me gently in the cold dark earth." haunting and amazing.
10. (3:18) Like Real People Do - Starts with just acoustic guitar and his voice, simple drums build in along with some harmonies. It is beautiful in its simplicity, great love song.
11. (4:38) It Will Come Back - This one has almost a swampy quality. Super good.
12. (3:45) Foreigner's God - I would call this one anthemic too. This one has been pretty stuck in my head these days.
13. (4:00) Cherry Wine (Live) - This is a totally acoustic track. Great guitar melody, and one last demonstration of that voice that I am now in love with. Didn't want the album to end.