This is Lebanese singer Tania Saleh’s 4th indie/solo CD and contains 11 tracks that were mostly recorded with her own melodies and lyrics. The musicians are from Beirut (guitar, bass, drums, saxophone and various flutes) and Oslo (Piano: Kjetil Bjerkestrand, Vibraphone: Mathias Eick, strings from KORK). This CD is influenced by Brazilian music where Samba and bossa nova rhythms are mixed with Middle Eastern instruments + Arabic vocals.
All tracks FCC safe; TRY: 2, 4, 7
1. Beirut Windows [Shababeek Beirut] – Sad, nostalgic ballad, tribute to Beirut.
**2. She Doesn’t Love You [Hiya La Touhibbuka] – Based on poem by Mahmoud Darwish; lovely ballad in classical Arabic.
3. A Few Images [Shwayit Souwar] – Faster track, Brazilian sounding song.
**4. Every Time You Go [Kil Ma Trooh] – Powerful ballad, very sad.
5. A Day Is Gone [Youm Biyrouh] – In Egyptian dialect; tempo changes throughout.
6. Reda – Traditional Arabic song; drums; darbuka; playful Lebanese lyrics
**7. Those Eyes [Hal Ouyoun]—Mid tempo; rich lyrics; Lebanese dialect.
8. No Problem at All [Ma Fi Wala Mashkil]—Jazzy, soulful, symphonic.
9. Hushed Scat [Min Soukat] – jazzy vocal improvisation with wordless vocals.
10. The Road to Love [Tareek el Hob] – Most ‘elegant’ track, poetic lyrics.
11. A Day Is Gone [Yom Biyrouh] – Instrumental version of track 5 above.