|Troker / Crimen Sonoro|
|Add Date:||2014-12-05||Pull Date:||2015-02-06|
|Week Ending:||1 Feb||28 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec|
|1.||Jan 31, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Dec 11, 2014:||Meow |
|2.||Jan 31, 2015:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|5.||Dec 06, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Dec 24, 2014:||Pumping Iron |
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Troker are a Mexican Jazz band with hard rocking tendencies. Add a DJ delivering some well placed scratching & you have a pretty unique sound. European & Latin melodies fused together with funk-soul & an unmistakable Jazz style. Trumpets & Sax add that nice feel. All instrumentals with just the occasionally chatter. You get the feeling that they could just have easily have produced an experimental, metal, gothic LP. Sort of: Gogol Bordello, No Smoking Orchestra, The Numbers Band. All mid to upbeat & all over the jazzy place: All pretty good: Liking 1,4,7,8 - No FCC’s
1) Stranger (4.16) Has a metal element to the beginning & points throughout as well as going on a journey along the Danube. Hard edged with mellow trumpet thrown in.
2) Principe Charro (4.45) Lounge act goes all spacey & then wild mariachi madness.
3) Ingratitud (3.54) More of a funk beat & then electro – faster paced.
4) Femme Fatal (5.36) Sultry hard working brass. Slowest & most assessable.
5) Tequila Death (4.42) More coherent at first, then the worm turns…scratching it up nicely.
6) Underworld (5.02) Prog rock-ish, an assault from the beginning, with occasional mellow moments.
7) Arsenic Lips (5.50) Great title. More mellow – funk, trumpet based.
8) El Loco (4.10) Another assessable slowish one. Has a grinding quality.
9) Claroscura (4.57) Some mixing going on in the background, heavier on the synths until the brass section takes over.
10) Vengador (4.35) More urgent & then the spacey sound takes over. Has a bit of everything in this one.
|2.||Principe Charro||7.||Arsenic Lips|