|Soft Vision / Soft Vision|
|Add Date:||2014-12-05||Pull Date:||2015-02-06|
|Week Ending:||21 Dec||7 Dec|
|1.||Feb 10, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [W1505] |
|3.||Dec 06, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Dec 18, 2014:||Meow |
Soft Vision/Soft Vision|
Label: Acoustic Division/Hi-Definition
Husband and wife duo from Austin, TX. Dramatic 80s synth pop and Winchesters breathy voice to complete their post-80s image. It is a slower album but has a great flow as an entire album. Sounds like it could be the soundtrack to a lot of late 80’s classics—think Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, etc. Songs are a bit repetitive/no climax, but relaxing nonetheless and a pleasant listen.
RIYL: New Order, Thompson Twins, Stars
Recommended tracks: 3, 5, 6.
• (3:38) Downtempo, synth-heavy beats. Duo vocals (male & female) make the track sound eerie- but in a good way.
• (4:06) Deep bass sounds, if you can imagine a rock song in slow motion. Lazy female vocals. Uneventful.
• (3:49) A little more upbeat, still relatively downtempo. Nice beat- synth-heavy. 80’s pop influences. **
• (2:54) Drone-y synth-pop. More upbeat. M&F vocals. Bit repetitive.
• (4:02) Dreamy, think Twin Peaks. Heavy reverb, female vocals. 80’s influence. **
• (3:25) Intense F vocals, slow and intimate. Winding down, end of the album. Reverb-heavy. Synth solo. **
|1.||Rocking Horse Winner||4.||Electrophilia|
|3.||Summerhouse, Later||6.||Holy Shrines|