|Sacriphyx / Sacriphyx|
|Label:||Nuclear War Now!|
|Add Date:||2014-12-12||Pull Date:||2015-02-13||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||25 Jan|
|1.||Jan 21, 2015:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Jan 20, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld |
Peninsula Of Graves
Label: Nuclear War Now! Productions
Reviewer: Dark Emperor
Australian duo that throws everything and the kitchen sink to their music, and they still manage to craft something decent sounding and enjoyable. Featuring Doom/Death/Thrash Metal influences and an old-school production, this album is quite interesting to listen to.
1. (2:56). Old-school Sepultura Black/Death sounding stuff. Short but sweet and definitely retro. (3 out of 5).
2. (6:56). Opens with insane shredding (whaaattt??), then gets darker and Doomier. Suddenly this also turns melodic, quite unique and enjoyable after a few spins. (4 out of 5).
3. (7:25). My Dying Bride-esque Death/Doom down-tuned riffs and a few speedy sections. Another WTF but pretty enjoyable track, this band makes magic with odd influences. (4 out of 5).
4. (4:55). Old-school Death/Black Metal, very straightforward with some cool guitar leads. (3 out of 5).
5. (5:20). Weird Death/Groove track with a very slow and mellow tempo. (3.5 out of 5).
6. (3:07). More crushing old-school Death/Doom. Similar to MDB, Forest of Shadows, Mournful Congregation, etc. (5 out of 5).
7. (6:16). Doomy closer with punishing riffs and weird clean vocals that make this song quite unique. (4.5 out of 5).
|1.||Lone Pine||4.||The Nek|
|2.||Victory Of Withdrawal||5.||Quinn's Post|
|3.||A.J. Shout Vc||6.||Shell Shock|
|7.||Peninsula Of Graves|