|Little May / Little May|
|Add Date:||2015-01-04||Pull Date:||2015-03-08|
|Week Ending:||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan||18 Jan|
|1.||Feb 02, 2018:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Sep 18, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Jun 09, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|5.||Jul 23, 2015:||Mountain Music |
|3.||Nov 04, 2016:||Time Traveler |
|6.||May 15, 2015:||Time Traveler |
This is the debut EP from Sydney Australia three piece Little May, and it is incredible. Love this. They call themselves "ghost folk." The instrumentation is great and super interesting, the vocals are hauntingly beautiful. Take a listen and see for yourself! RIYL: Sharon Van Etten, First Aid Kit, PHOX, Basia Bulat, and Daughter.|
Favorite Tracks: 1, 2, **4**
1. (5:07) Dust - This song is snare drum driven, the lyrics are urgent and beautiful. Great harmonizing...I really love everything about this song.
2. (3:31) Hide - Acoustic guitar and vox only at the beginning, this girl has an incredible voice and with minimal instrumentation it is really showcased here. Drums and harmonies build in around 1 minute.
3. (3:18) Midnight Hour - I think this may be steel guitar? And it is definitely a different girl on lead vocals. This has a more country feel to it and is a little dark.
4. (3:44) Bones - This one is my favorite by far. So honest and simple, but the melody is infectious and the instrumentation is dynamic and beautiful. I listen to this one a lot these days.
5. (3:16) Boardwalks - Super intricate guitar playing, sweet and lovely end to the album.