|Morby, Kevin / Still Life|
|Add Date:||2015-01-18||Pull Date:||2015-03-22|
|Week Ending:||15 Mar||8 Mar||1 Mar||22 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan|
|1.||Jul 21, 2021:||Quite Gnarly (rebroadcast from Dec 8, 2017) |
|4.||Jul 18, 2017:||Waste FM |
|2.||Oct 26, 2018:||Tell Me I'm Pretty |
|5.||Oct 26, 2015:||The Fishbowl: Pumpkin Patches! |
|3.||Dec 08, 2017:||Quite Gnarly |
|6.||Jun 04, 2015:||The Final Sunset |
The Ballad Of Arlo Jones
Top-notch update of 70s twangy singer-songwriter rock from a member of The Babies (and former member of Woods). It’s polished but also just shambolic enough to feel relaxed and welcoming. And Morby writes really catchy, clever, openhearted songs—like Cass McCombs at his least cagey. A lovely addition to the canon of easygoing California sunshine albums. Every song’s a winner, but my favorites are 1, 2, 3, 4, 7. FCC WARNING: 2. |
1. *(4:22)—Slow, ambling. Starts soft, turns into full-ahead jangly road rock.
2. *(2:47)—FCC (f***). Fast, kick-ass, twangy, untethered romp. Too bad this is only safe-harbor friendly.
3. *(3:21)—Medium-fast, easygoing, driving.
4. *(3:31)—Medium-slow, breezy, heart-on-sleeve love song.
5. (5:20)—Slow, cool, with kind of dubby percussion.
6. (4:26)—Slow, shimmering, eerie melancholy.
7. *(5:25)—Warm, majestic, beautiful plod, with horns and piano. Last 35 seconds are a sketch of an unrelated song.
8. (3:05)—Bluesy guitar fingerpicking. Lots of vocal tracks.
9. (7:56)—Slow barroom waltz. Mid-section is in 4/4 time with spoken word.
10. (2:51)—Mid-tempo, soft, pretty, romantic.
|1.||The Jester, The Tramp & The Acrobat||6.||Bloodsucker|
|2.||The Ballad Of Arlo Jones||7.||Parade|
|4.||All Of My Life||9.||Amen|