|Artist:||Suitcase Junket, The||Added:||Jan 2015|
|Label:||Making What I Want Music (Ascap)|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24||Pull Date:||2015-06-26|
|Week Ending:||Jun 7||May 31||May 17||May 10||May 3||Apr 26|
|1.||Apr 03, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole
End Of The Day
|4.||Jun 03, 2015:||The Fishbowl: Thalassophobia
Earth Apple, New Old Friend
|2.||Nov 30, 2015:||Fishbowl: Kaleidescope Eyes
|5.||May 28, 2015:||Meow
|3.||Nov 09, 2015:||Fishbowl: Starry Eyes
|6.||May 13, 2015:||The Fishbowl
Description: One-Man-Band Matt Lorenz brings a beautiful presentation of a spectrum of soulful ballads to hard rock foot stompers with a raspy voice and dark/jangly guitar on Make Time. The songs are very diverse in nature yet still maintain cohesion, tying together the soulful and powerful emotion from Lorenz.
RIYL: Ben Howard, Neil Young, A gritty Bon Jovi
Favorites: 1-2, 5, 8, 12
1. * New Old Friend (2:37) – Airy angelic mountain vocal sound enters with deep and slow reverb in the background for a slow and emotional intro to Make Time.
2. Earth Apple (3:06) – Fade in from track 1 with slow and deliberate bass hitting. Heavy guitar riffs and smooth gritty vocals makes me feel like I’m in a biker bar.
3. Oh My (2:29) – A little more upbeat alternative feel. Med-fast tempo and happy lyrics all throughout.
4. Made of Rain (3:15) – Med-Slow with a nice open sounding guitar riff and splattering hi hats keeping the groove. Can’t tell if the song is happy or sad but I like it.
5. * Twisted Fate (3:03) – Much more folk, from the guitar strumming to the lyrical twang. A very pleasant song about living up on the riverside.
6. Wherever I Wake Up (3:32) – Opens up acoustic and emotional. A minute in drums enter and lead through for a soulful gospel rock progression, horns and all.
7. Hot Rod God (3:41) – Definitely another biker bar track. Think a modern day and grittier Bon Jovi.
8. * Everybody Else (3:31) – Med paced and hopeful falsetto vocals. This is a beautiful track indeed.
9. Dauphine and Desire (3:31) – Another slow and soulful track. Makes me think of a raspier John Mayer a bit.
10. So, No (3:33) – Vocals open up like track 2. Nice foot tapping head bopper.
11. Broken (3:27) – As the name implies, slow and melancholy melody all throughout. Should be in a movie scene with a sad guy walking down the sidewalk.
12. * End of the Day (4:05) – This sounds like an 80’s hit. Nice and steady with luscious guitar strumming. Medium paced and a beautiful closer to the album.
|1.||New Old Friend||7.||Hot Rod God|
|2.||Earth Apple||8.||Everybody Else|
|3.||Oh My||9.||Dauphine And Desire|
|4.||Made Of Rain||10.||So, No|
|6.||Wherever I Wake Up||12.||End Of The Day|