From the info sheet: "YAWN was born in an ancient, muraled basement in the Summer of 2009. One EP to bind them, they spend the next year singing songs of friends and cats throughout the lofts and basements of Chicago…" But in all seriousness, this album is awesome. Great indie pop/rock album. Cool instrumentation, great melodies, I am super impressed. RILY: Portugal. The Man, Local Natives, Tame Impala.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 6
1. (4:53) Under The She - Love love love this song. Super cool sound, infectious melody and hard rocking.
2. (4:55) Fly Trap - Mid tempo rocker, cool effects, another awesome melody.
3. (3:35) Summer Heat - Shuffling drum beat, almost a Vampire Weekend feel in this one, but way better...
4. (4:01) Making Peace With Nothing - This one feels like a more pure rock'n'roll song, great guitar melody, few effects. Simple and awesome.
5. (4:29) Wasting, Waiting - More synth, mid-temp, mellow feel with a build and cool harmonies…and tambourine.
6. (4:03) Follow You - Mellow and distant feeling, super pretty song.
7. (4:34) Mylene - Mid tempo, almost 70s pop feel, simple and synthy.
8. (3:32) What's In The World - Uptempo, sounds a little like the cure.
9. (3:42) Till The End - Boring.
10. (5:13) Miles Away - Also boring.