|Hanni El Khatib / Moonlight|
|Artist:||Hanni El Khatib||Added:||01/2015|
|Label:||Innovative Leisure Records|
|Add Date:||2015-01-30||Pull Date:||2015-04-03|
|Week Ending:||29 Mar||22 Mar||15 Mar||1 Mar||15 Feb||8 Feb|
|1.||Dec 18, 2019:||The Library |
|4.||Sep 29, 2015:||Radio Personality |
|2.||Mar 28, 2018:||The Library |
|5.||Mar 26, 2015:||Meow |
|3.||Feb 10, 2017:||The Intercept |
|6.||Mar 19, 2015:||ZoëRadio |
This is the third studio album from Hanni El Khatib. The other two are also great. This one was recorded in 30 days in The Lair, an LA studio. This album is great. Some garage rock sounds, some more upbeat poppy tunes, lots of stripped down heavy hitting drums and great guitar playing. Reminds me a lot of Blood Visions by Jay Reatard simply because of its variety in styles and consistency in quality from track to track. RIYL: Black Keys, Jay Reatard, Tame Impala.|
FCCs Tracks 1 & supposedly track 5 although I didn't hear it...
Favorite Tracks: 2, 3, 4
1. FCC SHIT (3:33) Moonlight - Gritty start, awesome song but you can't play it.
2. (3:41) Melt Me - This one is definitely my favorite. The lyrics are kind of dumb, but the melody is fucking great. This is stuck in my head these days.
3. (3:11) The Teeth - This one feels a lot like the Black Keys. Hard hitting and melodic. Really good.
4. (2:49) Chasin' - Mid tempo, horns, almost funky. Love this one too.
5. FCC (4:02) Worship Song (No. 2) - Another mid tempo track, not my favorite. Also, supposedly it has an FCC violation, but I listened a couple times and didn't hear it…proceed with caution in case I am deaf.
6. (4:57) Mexico - Down tempo, acoustic guitar, distant sounding vocals, awesome sound to the backing vocals.
7. (4:16) Servant - Uptempo, shuffling drum beat, straight up rock'n'roll.
8. (2:40) All Black - Fuzzy guitar, the riff kind of reminds me of early Wolfmother.
9. (3:10) Home - Drum machine, one of the best guitar parts on the album I think.
10. (3:29) Dance Hall - Minimal song, mid tempo, distorted vocals.
11. (5:48) Two Brothers - Distant vocals, tempo builds up a couple minutes in, not my favorite track, but still solid.
|3.||The Teeth||8.||All Black|
|5.||Worship Song (No. 2)||10.||Dance Hall|