twee/down understuff wonderstuff.
mal&fem vox, but mostly male. twee&Kiwi worship. Aussie accents are strong, ala Courtney Barnett. overall sound?: poppy yet subdued. relaxed&relaxy pop.
[note: first album was unanimously rejected at music meeting a couple years ago. sniffy comments, groupthink, everybody trying to 'outelite' each other, etc. I rescued&reviewed it. it got heavy airplay. because it's awesomeow. check it out. 'Coast To Coast' will put a smile on your face. you will feel like you are driving a convertible on a sunny day.]
MR. ESQ. SEZ: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW.
SOUNDS LIKE: GO BETWEENS, VERONICA FALLS, CLEAN, CHILLS, COURTNEY BARNETT, GALEXIE 500/LUNA, YO LA TENGO, ET AL.
PLAY: ANY/ALL/RANDOMEOW/GO COMEOWTOSE!
1. intro. instrumental. could go well with...
2. PURR-FECT II: this. dreamy ala Luna & Yo La Tengo. slow, relaxed&relaxy.
[note: tracks 1&2=best together. great segue.]
3. PURR-FECT II: upbeat. break time at the circus.
4. PURR-FECT II: female vox lead. upbeat. ending: organ=funeral at the circus.
5. PURR-FECT (TIE): it's epic! play now! mach meow!
6. Tall Dwarves. trippy.
7. PURR-FECT (TIE): fem vox. chimey gits like a snowfall. channeling Galexie 500's Naomi.
8. upbeat. Klassic Kiwi!
9. PURR-FECT II: fem vox w/double tracked fem vox. slowed down pop.
10. slower. casiotones. modern rockish.
11. ditto. but faster.
12. PURR-FECT II: Yo La Tengo rears it's sultry heads. GBV to.
13. PURR-FECT II: sweet...hopeful... dreamy...dashed.