|Add Date:||2015-02-06||Pull Date:||2015-04-10|
|Week Ending:||Apr 12||Apr 5||Mar 8||Mar 1||Feb 22||Feb 15|
|1.||Apr 19, 2016:||Life Aquatic
|4.||Mar 05, 2015:||The Sunset Life
|2.||Apr 08, 2015:||The Fishbowl
|5.||Mar 05, 2015:||Meow
|3.||Apr 03, 2015:||A Visit From Drum
|6.||Mar 05, 2015:||A Visit From Drum
Melodic, richly layered indie rock. Male vocals are often whispered and dramatic. From Constellation Records, one of my favorite labels. If you're into any of the bands below you'll find some really rewarding moments on this record.
Others: Destroyer, Frog Eyes, Sunset Rubdown, Kevin Morby, Steve Gunn, Amen Dunes, Woods
Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 8, 9, 2. FCC: 5, 10
1. (5:27) **** Dramatic, operatic child choir intro. Wicked bass line. Whispered vocals. Awesome saxophone courtesy of the ubiquitous powerhouse named Colin Stetson. What an opening track.
2. (4:08) ** Folky vibe. Gorgeous guitar melody. Strained vocals during the chorus and desperate “la la la”s. Gains momentum. False ending.
3. (4:55) *** Mid. Sullen rocker. Watery keyboard. Gets all angsty and Sunset Rubdown-y. Awesome.
4. (6:30) ** Gentle, bare intro. Simple woodblock beat. Whispery group vocals. Eccentric little flourishes here and there. More Stetson-core.
5. (4:06) FCC Bullsh*t. Dark, prominent bass. A little bit creepy. Becomes a blown out rocker.
6. (3:42) Acoustic guitar strums. Pleasant, upbeat folk-rock.
7. (3:15) Slower, steady. Relaxing and less ornate than some of the other tracks.
8. (2:55) ** Fast. Hurried vocals, constant guitar, and martial drums. Second half has a little jam freak out. Cool song.
9. (6:51) ** Mournful strings. Sounds a bit like an old movie score. Rises into mid-tempo. Chamber pop never tasted so good.
10. (1:10) FCC f*ck. Whirring electronics. Distant drum patters. Heavy piano and solemn vox.
|2.||Bank Accounts And Dollar Bills||7.||Nervous|
|3.||Wasted Genius||8.||Imbecile Thoughts|
|4.||Violent Motion Pictures||9.||Babylonian Proclivities|
|5.||Jesus In The 70's||10.||Falling Down The Stairs|