|Mount Eerie / Sauna|
|Artist:||Mount Eerie||Added:||Feb 2015|
|Label:||P.W. Elverum & Sun|
|Add Date:||2015-02-06||Pull Date:||2015-04-10|
|Week Ending:||Apr 12||Apr 5||Mar 22||Mar 15||Mar 8||Mar 1||Feb 22||Feb 15|
|1.||Aug 20, 2017:||moodswings |
|4.||Apr 06, 2015:||Shytown |
|2.||Apr 10, 2015:||Bobo |
|5.||Apr 03, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|3.||Apr 09, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|6.||Apr 02, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
Indie / Lo-fi / Exp-Folk. Umpteenth release from Mount Eerie. Relatively speaking, this is a happy album. And it has some of his old Microphones sound (Pumpkin, Boat, etc.). RIYL: The Microphones, Thanksgiving, Grouper, Karl Blau. FCC clean. |
1. (10:01) Sauna. Begins with electronic noises, sustained, mildly oscillating tone, and ambient noises. Vocals enter around 5.5 minutes in. Backing vocals.
2. (1:52) Turmoil. ** Acoustic strumming and steady drums. Noisy. Lo-fi. Nice vocals. Steady sustained synth chord in background for last ¼ of song.
3. (3:17) Dragon. *Harmonizing with rain sounds in the background. Dreamy, a little cut, a little weird and off-putting. Builds and becomes noisy. Wall of sound, very non-distinct sound in background.
4. (3:25) Emptiness. Long sustained synth piano chords with drums in background. Snares off and bass. A little eerie and strange. Somewhat surreal. “We are two black holes in the vast night.”
5. (2:18) (Something). **Love it. Oscillating xylophone, pretty. Short.
6. (2:15) Boat. **Mount eerie does shoegaze. Noisy, percussion heavy, rolls and cymbals.
7. (1:26) Planets. Noisy and busy, sounds cool, I like the vocals.
8. (5:13) Pumpkin. ** Love it, heavy bass drum, acoustic picking, cello, brushes on cymbals, mellow pulsating organ, great vocals.
9. (13:23) Spring. Dramatic movie sound track-esque intro. Becomes wall of non-distinct noise around 3.25 minutes in. Harmonized vocals at 5 min.
10. (3:32) Books. ** Love it, playful plucked violin with constant and heavy bass drum. Vocals at end.
11. (3:20) This. *Loud with heavy feedback. Cuts back and filled with organ. Harmonized vocals. Cyclical throughout song.
12. (5:29) Youth. Pretty acoustic flat picking, awkward bass slide with tramp sounding drum, then singing over brushes and repetitive acoustic strumming. Gets very noisy with heavy feedback. I like the last minute or so a lot.