George Ezra is a 21 year old British kid…keep that in mind when you are listening to this one. He sounds like a 40 year old soul singer. Absolutely blown away. I saw him open for Sam Smith last week, and he was as amazing live as he sounds on the album. He bought a EuroPass and wrote all of these songs while traveling around Europe. Listen and enjoy!
1. (3:09) Blame It On Me - Uptempo, soulful, awesome. This one gets stuck in your head.
2. (3:16) Budapest - Mid tempo, awesome guitar sound. Cool vocal melody with sufficient falsetto.
3. (4:44) Cassy O' - Uptempo guitar strumming, love this.
4. (3:21) Barcelona - Mellow crooning song.
5. (3:04) Listen To The Man - This is one of the singles, and I love it. Probably not for everyone though, kind of corny, but as we all know I am a sucker for infectious melodies.
6. (4:21) Leaving It Up To You - Not my favorite, a little too repetitive for me.
7. (3:46) Did You Hear The Rain? - This song is magic. His voice is indisputably amazing. Starts a cappella with some raspy belting, then the beat builds in…yeah play this one a lot.
8. (3:36) Drawing Board - Mid tempo, not my favorite on the album but still a solid feel good track.
9. (3:04) Stand By Your Gun - This one is weird…sounds cruise shippy...
10. (3:57) Breakaway - Second favorite track, amazing. The harmonies are beautiful.
11. (4:17) Over The Creek - Mid tempo, soulful, more of the same, does not disappoint.
12. (3:05) Spectacular Rival - Not so in to this one either. Down tempo, super low register, kind of theatrical.