|Bjork / Vulnicura|
|Label:||One Little Indian|
|Add Date:||2015-02-13||Pull Date:||2015-04-17|
|Week Ending:||19 Apr||12 Apr||5 Apr||22 Mar||15 Mar||8 Mar||1 Mar||22 Feb|
|1.||Sat, 22 Jun 19:||Eme O|
|4.||Fri, 29 Apr 16:||DJ Teddy Tesla|
Moonlight Impressions (THE ONE WHERE I GOT A CALL)
|2.||Tue, 29 May 18:||DJ Teddy Tesla & DJ Farad|
Lucid Lightning: Power Hour
|5.||Fri, 08 Apr 16:||DJ Teddy Tesla|
|3.||Thu, 04 May 17:||DJ Teddy Tesla|
|6.||Tue, 29 Dec 15:||Pixel and Big in Japan|
Shytown and Friends
Genre: breakup albums, glitch, experimental electronica|
Talk about an artist who needs no introduction. Bjork’s influence on modern music is profound, and I’m sure we haven’t even understood her full impact yet. This new album steps back from heady concepts, instead delivering a raw and immensely human record. Honestly, please just read Jenny Hval’s review of this on the Talkhouse…she articulates the whole thing beautifully. Required listening. A huge contender for album of the year.
Others: Jenny Hval/Susanna, Arca, Braids, of Montreal “Hissing Fauna Are You the Destroyer?”, the Haxan Cloak
Favorites: 2, 4, 6, 1, 9, 8. FCCs: 3
1. (6:49) *** Mid. Achingly beautiful string section. Fantastic lyrics and vocals. Minimal electronic beat.
2. (6:09) ***** Pitch-shifted vox intro…holy shit having this song after track 1 is so heart breaking. BJOOOOORK NOOOO.
3. (3:00) FCC f*ck. Angelic ethereal vocal snippets. Awesome song, shame about the FCC. Can feel Arca’s influence more heavily on this track.
4. (10:09) ***** Mournful strings. Undulating drums. This song is gargantuan. Such an incredibly detailed, wonderful piece of art.
5. (8:03) Dark, serrated. Difficult both sonically and emotionally.
6. (6:27) *** Off-kilter, disorienting synths. Amazing vocals. Fantastic clattering percussion.
7. (8:10) ** Opens with cheerful plucked strings. Grows into a painful, increasingly layered climax. Unmistakeable vocals from Antony. What a collaboration.
8. (6:10) Tense. Glitchy backdrop. More wonderfully arranged strings. Anxious, broken feel.
9. (3:45) *** Fast, hissing beat. Sit down with the lyrics to this one…devastating and brilliant. Beautiful closing track to a perfect album. ENDS COLD. Watch out.
|3.||History Of Touches||7.||Atom Dance|
|4.||Black Lake||8.||Mouth Mantra|