|In-Flight Safety / Conversationalist|
|Artist:||In-Flight Safety||Added:||Feb 2015|
|Label:||Oh La La|
|Add Date:||2015-03-13||Pull Date:||2015-05-15|
|Week Ending:||May 17||May 10||May 3||Apr 26||Apr 19||Apr 12||Apr 5||Mar 29|
|1.||Dec 04, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|4.||May 14, 2015:||Meow |
|2.||Jul 03, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|5.||May 09, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|3.||May 15, 2015:||ZoeRadio |
|6.||May 01, 2015:||Time Traveler |
This is the fourth release (the first I have heard) of the band In Flight Safety. They formed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 2003 and they have been deemed Maritime Folk, although I would argue that this most recent album is straight up indie pop and (sometimes) indie folk and I was impressed with it start to finish. RIYL: Death Cab, Local Natives, Portugal. The Man, Coldplay.|
Recommened Tracks: 1, 2, 6, 9
1. (0:58) Before We Were Animals - Distant and dreamy intro
2. (3:20) Animals - Love this, uptempo super catchy and actually a really cool song as far as the lyrics go.
3. (4:29) Blue Flares - This one is great too, the guitar effects give it a whispy feel, but the vocals are strong and clear. Another great melody.
4. (3:56) Stockholm - Slightly more uptempo, those drums call to the Local Natives reference in my review.
5. (4:06) Destroy - Very uptempo (after a slow-ish build), not my favorite track on the record, but still a solid song.
6. (4:09) Caution Horses - Bringing in the idie pop synth, I really like this one, but we all know I am a sucker for a song that gets stuck in my head.
7. (4:23) Tie A String - More of the same.
8. (3:00) Crowd - Mid tempo, more ambient instrumentally, but still with a driving beat.
9. (3:25) Fight Night - I really like this one, feel good, mid tempo groove.
10. (3:08) Firestarters - I am indifferent toward this one.
|1.||Before We Were Animals||6.||Caution Horses|
|2.||Animals||7.||Tie A String|