|Carlile, Brandi / Firewatcher's Daughter, The|
|Album:||Firewatcher's Daughter, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-03-13||Pull Date:||2015-05-15|
|Week Ending:||17 May||10 May||26 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar|
|1.||Mar 10, 2022:||Down in the Basement |
The Things I Regret
|4.||May 02, 2019:||Hysteresis History |
|2.||Feb 21, 2022:||Funhouse |
Blood Muscle Skin & Bone
|5.||Mar 08, 2019:||Hysteresis History |
Beginning To Feel The Years
|3.||May 09, 2019:||Hysteresis History |
|6.||Oct 19, 2017:||Lucid Lightning: Power Hour |
The Stranger At My Door
The Fire Catcher’s Daughter is the fifth studio record from Brandi Carlile. She is originally from the small town of Ravensdale, Washington, 15 miles outside of Seattle. She is inspired by country icons like Patsy Cline and classic rock royalty like Elton John and this dual inspiration shows in this album. It ranges from Americana to Indie Rock and every song is really really great. This could be a real breakout album for her and I am excited to see what everybody thinks of this record at the station. RIYL: Sharon Van Etten, Little May, Miranda Lambert, Angel Olsen and First Aid Kit.|
Recommended Tracks: 1,**6**, **7**, 12 (But it is truly great cover to cover)
1. (3:50) Wherever Is Your Heart - Guitar and vocals start off the album and you can feel the soulful country influence right away. Builds into a fuller sound with drums and backing male vocals. This is an anthem and it rules.
2. (3:31) The Eye - Down tempo, very squarely in the Americana genre on this on. The harmonies are absolutely stunning.
3. (3:26) The Things I Regret - Uptempo, more pop driven melody, that voice is haunting and the kickdrum makes you wanna dance.
4. (4:19) Mainstream Kid - Rock ‘n’ Roll. Rock guitar, rhaspy voice, awesome.
5. (3:09) Beginning To Feel The Years - Downtempo, guitar strumming, quiet piano, vocal showcase.
6. (3:32) Wilder (We're Chained) - This is my favorite folk song sound, love that guitar, love the vocals, love the story, beautiful.
7. ***** (4:16) Blood Muscle Skin & Bone - This one blew me away, it has the potential to make indie rock charts, and it is fucking great. Awesome melody, awesome vocals, RIYL Angel Olsen.
8. (4:30) I Belong To You - Another mid-tempo track with amazing acoustic guitar and overall awesome sound, back in the country/americana feel.
9. (3:00) Alibi - And now we are back to some rock music, but this one has a serious country twang.
10. (3:42) The Stranger At My Door - This song is the namesake for the record, it almost reminds me of Johnny Cash, it is dark and it tells a great story to a foot stomping beat.
11. (2:47) Heroes And Songs - Mid-tempo, dreamy, love that voice
12. (2:53) Murder In The City - Great close to the record, love that guitar melody, love those strings, love those harmonies. Avette Brothers cover :)
|1.||Wherever Is Your Heart||7.||Blood Muscle Skin & Bone|
|2.||The Eye||8.||I Belong To You|
|3.||The Things I Regret||9.||Alibi|
|4.||Mainstream Kid||10.||The Stranger At My Door|
|5.||Beginning To Feel The Years||11.||Heroes And Songs|
|6.||Wilder (We're Chained)||12.||Murder In The City|