|Inflatable Boy Clams / Inflatable Boy Clams|
|Album:||Inflatable Boy Clams||Collection:||General 7"|
|Artist:||Inflatable Boy Clams||Added:||Mar 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-03-20||Pull Date:||2015-05-22|
|Week Ending:||May 24||May 17||May 10||May 3||Apr 26||Apr 12||Apr 5||Mar 29|
|1.||Oct 23, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [FQ154x4PT2!] |
|4.||May 25, 2015:||No Way To Say |
|2.||Oct 07, 2015:||Magnetized Toner (Technicolor Attributed] |
|5.||May 18, 2015:||No Way To Say (bonus) |
|3.||Jun 18, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Other Sunsets |
|6.||May 11, 2015:||No Way To Say |
San Francisco’s Inflatable Boy Clams was one of the most interesting groups that emerged in the early 1980’s American underground scene. The four women in the band practiced a fascinating Dadaist oddball kind of pop constructed around minimal sounds mostly produced by weird untrained singing, some basic drum and bass work, and riffs and noises from an combo organ. Strange tales played at the rhythm of nonsense. This reissue collects all their studio material. Highly recommended. |
RIYL: Pink Section, Kleenex, The Raincoats, Pulsallama, and Y Pants.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, and 4
1. (2:58) **Skeletons – Their best-known song. Pure irreverent beauty. Play it!!!
2. (2:58) *Snoteleks – The previous song just recorded backwards. Very original.
3. (2:20) *Marin – Interesting attempt at pop music. Solid!
4. (2:40) **I’m Sorry – Spoken word meets religious music. One of the craziest and most originals songs I have ever heard. My favorite track.
5. (3:09) Boystown – Clicky marching beat with coordinating vocal parts. Strange and cool at the same time.