|Album:||Metamodern Sounds In Country Music||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Simpson, Sturgill||Added:||Mar 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-03-06||Pull Date:||2015-05-08|
|Week Ending:||May 10||May 3||Apr 19||Apr 12||Apr 5||Mar 29||Mar 22||Mar 15|
|1.||Jan 07, 2023:||The Iron Skillet -- Holiday Edition
|4.||Aug 16, 2022:||Cool Jerk
|2.||Dec 01, 2022:||The Library
|5.||Oct 07, 2017:||The Iron Skillet
|3.||Oct 04, 2022:||The Library
The Promise (When In Rome cover)
|6.||Jul 29, 2017:||The Iron Skillet
Life Of Sin
1. (3:08) Turtles All The Way Down. *** “Reptile aliens made of light help you pull out all your pain” Mid paced and mellow. His voice is not unique but it is fantastic.
2. (2:26) Life of Sin. ** Love it. “Thank god for this here life of sin” and “I love my medication.” Upbeat, country western party about mental dysfunction and drug use.
3. (3:51) Living the Dream. * “That old man up there, stares down with a crooked smile, on the chaos he’s created.” Guitar solo. “Don’t have to do a god damn thing but sit around and wait to die.”
4. (2:47) Voices. Pretty, mellow, mid paced. Imagine Brad Paisley singing about his crippling depression and schizophrenia, though if you’re not listening to the lyrics it’d be a somewhat happy song.
5. (4:01) Long White Line. * Country western romp. Playful and upbeat. Train / lost in transit trope.
6. (4:17) The Promise. ** Beautiful song… the pop ballad side of country western.
7. (1:39) A Little Light. Country gospel. Upbeat and fun. Has swagger.
8. (2:32) Just Let Go. “Woke up today and decided to kill my ego.” Slow with focus on Sturgill’s voice.
9. (6:43) It Ain’t All Flowers. Serious rock song. Gets a little psychedelic.
10. (3:02) Pan bowl. * Pretty and serious country song. Lyrics about life and family. Mid paced and mostly acoustic.
|1.||Turtles All The Way Down||6.||The Promise|
|2.||Life Of Sin||7.||A Little Light|
|3.||Living The Ream||8.||Just Let Go|
|4.||Voices||9.||It Ain't All Flower|
|5.||Long White Line||10.||Pan Bowl|