|A Place To Bury Strangers / Transfixiation|
|Artist:||A Place To Bury Strangers||Added:||03/2015|
|Add Date:||2015-08-07||Pull Date:||2015-10-09|
|Week Ending:||11 Oct||4 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||13 Sep||6 Sep||30 Aug||16 Aug|
|1.||Aug 14, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Sep 26, 2015) |
Now It's Over
|4.||Jul 05, 2016:||Magnetized Toner |
Now It's Over / I'm So Clean / Fill the Void
|2.||Jul 17, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 29, 2015) |
|5.||Jan 02, 2016:||Meow: The Almost Best Of 2015 |
|3.||Aug 03, 2017:||moodswings |
Now It's Over
|6.||Dec 18, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Best of 2015 [FQ1511-2] |
What We Don't See
A Place To Bury Strangers’ Transfixiation is the fourth album by this Brooklyn trio. While the preoccupation with The Jesus & Mary Chain trademarks remain a vital component of their music, the disproportionate noise that accompanies them in previous albums has been shaped into layers of controlled sound, revealing a more accessible side. The moments tinted with whispers and loud elements continue but this time Transfixiation is full of captivating guitar effects and although a very dense recording, the album never overwhelms and manages to flow with an enthralling dynamic. One of the best bands I have seen live, especially since they’re able to negotiate spectacle and noise production without sounding repetitive or overwhelmingly muddled.|
RIYL: The Jesus & Mary Chain, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Soft Moon, The Raveonettes, and, Sightings.
FCC WARNING: 2, 4, and 5
1. (3:22) **Supermaster – Sharp opener with fast drumming, whispery vocals and a hell of a bass line.
2. (3:23) **Straight – FCC (fuck). Exasperating stomper with killer guitars and entrancing chorus.
3. (1:55) Love High – Feedback infested track – loud and brief.
4. (2:26) **What We Don’t See – FCC (fucked up). The Jesus & Mary Chain meets My Bloody Valentine. Reverb, distortion and repetition part 1. Vocal effect stands out.
5. (6:08) Deeper – FCC (fucked). Slow beat, whispery vocals, dense atmosphere. Reverb and distortion everywhere.
6. (2:31) Lower Zone – Instrumental transitional. Primal repetitive beat. Guitar solo with intense feedback.
7. (5:08) *We’ve Come So Far – Reverb, distortion and repetition part 2. Respectable track with stylish vocals, sharp guitar parts, and just the right amount of swagger.
8. (4:10) *Now It’s Over – Reverb, distortion and repetition part 3. Another sophisticated take on The Jesus & Mary Chain legacy. Solid.
9. (2:41) **I’m So Clean – Fast and fearless. Speed makes this track addictive. Just the right amount of effects. Killer!
10. (4:21) **Fill The Void – Continuation of the previous track. Angular and effective.
11. (3:15) I Will Die – Album epilogue. Build up noise, reverb and feedback everywhere. More grainier that the rest of the album. Neat.
|2.||Straight||7.||We've Come So Far|
|3.||Love High||8.||Now It's Over|
|4.||What We Don't See||9.||I'm So Clean|
|5.||Deeper||10.||Fill The Void|
|11.||I Will Die|