|Purity Ring / Another Eternity|
|Add Date:||2015-03-13||Pull Date:||2015-05-15|
|Week Ending:||17 May||10 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||12 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar|
|1.||Jan 15, 2019:||Attitude Adjustment |
|4.||Feb 06, 2016:||Mix Tape: The Legacy Lives On |
|2.||Dec 14, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
|5.||Jan 09, 2016:||Mix Tape |
|3.||Aug 08, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
|6.||Nov 07, 2015:||Mix Tape |
This is the second record from Canadian indie synth pop duo Purity Ring. Corin Roddick and Megan James, were originally in the band Gobble Gobble but the two became increasingly inspired by the sounds of contemporary R&B and wanted to make music reflecting that. They released the album Shrines on 4AD in 2012 and it came out to critical acclaim, and this year they have done it again. The songs on Another Eternity range from catchy to even catchier. The sounds are huge, the melodies are infectious, and it is truly great start to finish. It was definitely worth the 3 year wait for this one. RIYL: Old Purity Ring, CHVRCHES, Cathedrals, Sleigh Bells, and Sylvan Esso.|
Recommended Tracks: 1, **2**, **4**, 7, **8**
1. (3:19) Heartsigh - Dramatic build, and then there is that classic PR sound. Her voice is awesome, and this melody is fucking great. Yeah way to start off strong guys.
2. (2:53) Bodyache - Mid-tempo, this may be my favorite, I foresee myself adding this to a running playlist ASAP.
3. (3:27) Push Pull - A little more mellow, but still with that loud synth and a driving drum machine beat. And yet again, another killer melody.
4. (3:38) Repetition - Love this too, more trip-hoppy? but very cool and unique, downtemp and reminds me a lot of the single off of Shrines.
5. (4:18) Stranger Than Earth - That drum beat is killer and then there is here beautiful voice. Another great one.
6. (3:37) Begin Again - This is the first single off the record, I see why they did it, great track that will get this record heard by the masses, I think 2 and 4 beat it though :)
7. (3:30) Dust Hymn - This could be a summer driving anthem, another super trip-hoppy feeling song, great beat, and really cool lyrics.
8. (3:14) Flood On The Floor - Super cool booming drum effects, chime like vocals and then an almost Sleigh Bells feeling anthemic quality.
9. (3:27) Sea Castle - More dreamy, piano backed, echoey vocals.
10. (4:00) Stillness In Woe - Down tempo, minimal instrumentation, until minute 2:30 and then builds into more of the same awesomeness.
|3.||Push Pull||8.||Flood On The Floor|
|5.||Stranger Than Earth||10.||Stillness In Woe|