|Sprott, Will / Vortex Numbers|
|Add Date:||2015-05-29||Pull Date:||2015-07-31|
|Week Ending:||26 Jul||19 Jul||12 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun||21 Jun||14 Jun||7 Jun|
|1.||Tue, 07 Feb 17:||Telepathic Juan|
|4.||Sat, 15 Aug 15:||The DJ Formerly Known as . . .|
Mix Tape: Fakakta II: Revenge of the Fakata
|2.||Tue, 20 Dec 16:||Telepathic Juan|
Magnetized Toner: 1/3 of Random Winter Mix Vol. 1
|5.||Tue, 04 Aug 15:||The DJ Formerly Known as . . .|
Mix Tape: Bugged Out
|3.||Thu, 17 Dec 15:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Best of 2015 [FQ1511-1]
|6.||Mon, 03 Aug 15:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year 1000, 8000: Summer School (Session 3)
After a five-year absence from recording, San Jose via Seattle singer-songwriter Will Sprott of The Mumlers returns with his debut solo album, Vortex Numbers, on his own label, Hairdo Records. Not far from the music Will made with his previous band, Vortex Numbers delivers an amusing set of laid back Americana-influenced pop constructions, sometimes played at a slow almost acoustic form and others with just the right amount of rhythm to keep things under a spell. Tasteful tunes full of quirky lyrics, 70s West Coast folk-rock atmospheres, weird effects, and whispery vocals.|
RIYL: Phosphorescent, Sonny & The Sunsets, Shana Cleveland & the Sandcastles, Kurt Vile, and early Destroyer.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9
1. (4:08) **Open Eyeball – Great intro track. Slow start then builds up into a pure psychedelic folk trip.
2. (3:22) *Under My Eyes – Pleasant acoustic ballad.
3. (2:28) **Psychic Lady – Contagious track with a retro rhythm and amazing lyrics.
4. (3:32) Girl In Houndstooth – Another moving acoustic track. Haunting.
5. (3:38) *Washed Clean – More retro rhythms played at a slow tempo. Guitar and vocals are notable.
6. (4:09) **Middle Of The Air – Calmness and mystery constructed with a piano and some guitar effects. Striking track.
7. (3:53) Little Bells – A slow tempo tune with female vocals and a more complex instrumentation especially in the bridge part.
8. (4:30) **Dog Will Love You When Nobody Else Will – An old school country influenced tune with a great melody.
9. (5:30) *Crooked Melody – Spacious ballad with memorable chorus.
10. (1:29) Palomita – Instrumental track. Slow and peaceful ending.
|1.||Open Eyeball||6.||Middle Of The Air|
|2.||Under My Eyes||7.||Little Bells|
|3.||Psychic Lady||8.||Dog Will Love You When Nobody Else Will|
|4.||Girl In Houndstooth||9.||Crooked Melody|