|Chastity Belt / Time To Go Home|
|Album:||Time To Go Home||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-03-27||Pull Date:||2015-05-29|
|Week Ending:||31 May||24 May||17 May||10 May||3 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||12 Apr|
|1.||Mar 11, 2019:||wig out at denny's |
|4.||Mar 25, 2017:||Homeroom |
|2.||Jun 03, 2017:||Homeroom |
|5.||May 10, 2016:||does radio suck? |
|3.||May 18, 2017:||serenity now |
|6.||Apr 08, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
Post-punk / Indie-rock. Second full length from Chastity Belt and follow up to 2013’s No Regrets. Home is Seattle and label is Hardly Art. RIYL: Savages, La Sera, Blouse, Sleater-Kinney. FCC on 4.|
1. (4:33) Drone. * Guitar driven rock with cold vocals. Heavy reverb on lead guitar and heavy feedback on second guitar. Lyrics are great.
2. (3:32) Trapped. ** Catchy and moving song. Guitar driven. Ends with a solo.
3. (2:41) Why Try. * Fun house riff over dark heavy garage rock. Fun and catchy. Riff is a little annoying at first but the rest of the song rocks.
4. (2:52) Cool Slut. FCC Fuck. *** Love the lyrics. Mid paced, mellow and airy. Again, vocals and lead guitar have heavy reverb.
5. (6:06) On The Floor. * Guitar driven, mid paced, fluid and dreamy. 2 or so minutes of jam.
6. (2:18) The Thing. Loud and driving with loads of feedback. Noise and random screaming.
7. (5:32) Joke. ** A pop single. Unpolished and fun.
8. (4:00) Lydia. * Another pop single. Guitar jangle and reverb laden vocals. Guitar solo.
9. (2:57) IDC. * Emotional, slow, and powerful instrumentals. “I got drunk out of boredom, I did not want to be there…” End sounds like a record stopping with the stylus down.
10. (3:51) Time To Go Home. *** Airy power chord romp. Picks up fast. Play me.
|5.||On The Floor||10.||Time To Go Home|