|Ghost Bath / Funeral|
|Artist:||Ghost Bath||Added:||Mar 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-04-03||Pull Date:||2015-06-05||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||May 24||May 17||May 10||Apr 26||Apr 19||Apr 12|
|1.||Jun 23, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld - Extended |
|4.||May 05, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld |
|2.||May 19, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld |
|5.||Apr 21, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld |
|3.||May 16, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Apr 14, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld |
Ghost Bath - Funeral |
Label: Pest Productions
Review by: Dark Emperor
At the time unknown Blackgaze (Post-Black Metal / Shoegaze / Depressive Black Metal) band, from at the time believed to be China, later found that they are some white dudes from North Dakota instead. Typical trend-setting sites (noisey, etc) have since picked up on this band and have labeled it as a Deafheaven clone... in a good way. The band's vocals and melancholy easily surpass Deafheaven in my opinion, so be ready to be blown away. Tons of mood setting instrumentals and atmospheric passages.
FCC - CLEAN
Sounds like: Deafheaven, Alcest (old), An Autumn For Crippled Children
PLAY: ALL, but #2 is the best, and then 5.
1. (07:28) - Intense, inhuman screaming (or dude getting raped as some internet trolls say). Music is quite mellow and dreamy, Alcest-like. (4 out of 5)
2. (08:09) - Disarming track with trippy guitars, spacey drums and more screams of desperation (5 out of 5)
3. (02:29) - mood setting instrumental (3.5 out of 5)
4. (08:24) - Cathartic song with intense riffs and lush atmospheric/blackgazey element (4.5 out of 5)
5. (08:36) - Slow progressing Blackgazey/Post-Rocky song... second best in this album (5 out of 5)
6. (06:10) - Bleak instrumental (4 out of 5)
7. (05:45) - Weeping guitars and excellent tempo changes (4 out of 5)
8. (05:01) - More Blackgazey stuff, probably the weakest song in this release.
9. (02:35) - Instrumental, typical stuff.
10. (01:06) - Instrumental as in silence.... total klvt stuff here.
11. (05:15) - Instrumental, happy (more like hopeful) Post-Rock track similar to Ef and Tides from Nebula
12. (02:49) - Comes full circle with another killer track that summarizes the whole album in less than 3 minutes (5 out of 5)