|Various Artists / My Ultimate Bollywood Party 2015|
|Album:||My Ultimate Bollywood Party 2015||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Apr 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-04-03||Pull Date:||2015-06-05||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jun 7||May 31||May 24||May 17||May 10||Apr 26||Apr 19||Apr 12|
|1.||May 20, 2021:||Global Ginga |
|4.||Dec 13, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
|2.||Apr 17, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
Lucky Tu Lucky Me
|5.||Jul 26, 2016:||I'ts Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
Pyar Mein Dil Pe Maar Le Goli, Pyar Mein Dil Pe Maar Le Goli, Dance Basanti
|3.||Apr 10, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
Tune Mari Entriyan, Hungama Ho Gaya
|6.||Jul 19, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
Tune Mari Entriyan, Bang Bang, Kamli
The title says it all “My Ultimate Bollywood Party.” This compilation from various Bollywood films gives you an idea of what is new in Bollyood music, especially those over-the-top numbers.
You will hear a variety of musical influences from around the world, which is what Hindi or Bollywood
music has been about since the 1940s.
NOTE:Chai-wala shop is the corner tea shop in India, where they tend to play loud film music.
Play any track. Most work.
**1. Dance Basanti reflects the latest Bollywood music trend. The track is a mix of diff music genres, but the overriding one is that Bollywood sound that is indescribable. You know it when you hear it. Sung by Vishal Dadlani & Anushka Sharma.
2. A bit on the mellow side at the start & then it kicks into high gear with that foot-stomping music.
3. Amitabh Bachan recites a few lines & then the horn section kicks in & then sounds like a track from Quentin Tarantino & Sergio Leone films. And then the Bollywood song & things change. Try it.
***4. The reigning Disco king of Bollywood Bappi Lahri starts off the track & then Vishal Dadlani, KK and others join in. This is a song that you can hear blaring from the corner chai-wala shop.
5. Alcoholic is the title of this track, which has a tired sound about it. Did not work for me.
**6. Kamli by Sunidhi Chauhan from Doom 3 was a hit number. High-energy song with a mix of Arabic & Indian influences.
***7. Crazy track where suddenly you hear a sampling from California Dreaming! Totally high energy.Originally sung by Asha Bhosle in the 20thc.
8. Sounds like a typical 1980s Bollywood song.That ‘swhat it is. An older Bollywood song remixed in 2015. A bit tacky. But works if you are looking for a retro sound.
9. Caller Tunes from the film Humshakals is a forgettable tune.
10. A modern sounding track with all sorts of musical influences. This is also one ofthose car songs that you play while driving around with your pals. Sung by Kunal Ganjwala.
11. Bang Bang is the title song of the film by the same name. Kind of works. This will be the romantic track for a dance floor number.
12. Saturday Saturday is a hit song or so a little bird told me. The number kind of works in a cheesy kind of way.
1.Starts off like Doo-Wop number & morphed into a loud, Bollywood dance track.
2. A well-known track from the 1980s remixed with new sounds by Canadian singers. Ok-ish song.
3. An earthy & robust song. Loud. Over-the-top.
4. A romantic number with all the bells & whistles of a Bollywood song.
5. Autotuning with R&B & a dance-y riff. May work for some. It’s peppy.
6. Evokes the style of old songs that is a bit cheesy.Your choice.
7. A mishmash track that you can skip.
8. A robust & hi-energy song that partially works.
9. This is a strangely addictive song. Has a folksy tinge. This is a song that youcan hear in the corner chai-wala shop.
10. Spicy ingredients from Caribbean with Punjabi bhangra & English words.
11. Drama Queen is the title & that spells it all out right. Kind of works.
12. Trance done the Bollywood way. Play it if you like trance with an Indian flavor.