|Brosseau, Tom / Perfect Abandon|
|Add Date:||2015-04-03||Pull Date:||2015-06-05|
|Week Ending:||17 May||3 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||12 Apr|
|1.||Fri, 15 May 15:||Mr. Tumnus|
|4.||Mon, 27 Apr 15:||Shineymic|
No Way To Say (bonus)
|2.||Thu, 14 May 15:||Eliza Ridgeway|
|5.||Fri, 24 Apr 15:||Mr. Tumnus|
|3.||Thu, 30 Apr 15:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|6.||Thu, 23 Apr 15:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
With his newest release in a fifteen-year career, North Dakota native Brosseau (he lives in LA now) perfects his gorgeous, understated, bright-eyed folk. Recorded live with a small band around a single microphone, the music is crisp and easygoing, the vocals bright and clear, the lyrics vivid and roving. It’s perfect warm-weather music, fun and thoughtful and relaxing all the way through. Favorites: 1, 2, 4, 5. Borderline FCC on 9.|
1. *(4:13)—Slow talking blues. About being abandoned by his mom in a department store. Pretty, melancholy, funny.
2. *(3:50)—Mid-tempo, jaunty and easy. About taking the train down the Pacific coast.
3. (3:49)—Slow, sad, waltz time ballad. Keening vocals.
4. *(5:19)—Mid-tempo. A simple, repeating guitar line drives the whole thing, leaving Brosseau to unfurl a freewheeling, stream-of-conscious journey through his daily surroundings.
5. *(4:44)—Mid-tempo. About nursing a heavy crush on his landlord.
6. (1:39)—Instrumental. Finger-picked guitar.
7. (3:11)—Medium-slow, bluesy, loping. Harmonica.
8. (4:07)—Mid-tempo. Long, lovely guitar intro. Carefree, major-key.
9. (3:55)—Borderline FCC (b****). Mid-tempo, with driving acoustic bass and minimal drums.
10. (6:34)—Slow major-key waltz.
|1.||Hard Luck Boy||6.||Empire Builder|
|2.||Roll Along With Me||7.||Goodbye, Empire Builder|
|3.||Tell Me, Lord||8.||Island In The Prairie Sea|
|4.||Take Fountain||9.||My Sweetest Friend|
|5.||Landlord Jackie||10.||The Wholesome Pillars|