|Ghastly Menace / Songs Of Ghastly Menace|
|Album:||Songs Of Ghastly Menace||Collection:||General|
|Label:||The Record Machine|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24||Pull Date:||2015-06-26|
|Week Ending:||14 Jun||17 May||3 May|
|1.||Jun 10, 2015:||The Fishbowl |
|3.||Apr 30, 2015:||Meow |
|2.||May 15, 2015:||ZoeRadio |
|4.||Apr 29, 2015:||The Fishbowl: With Frederick Bonaparte |
Debut album from Ghastly Menace out of Chicago. This is definitely in the indie pop genre, but it is actually a really interesting record. Dynamic, cool instrumentation, lots of harmonization etc. RIYL: Grizzly Bear, Spoon, Local Natives, Portugal the Man.|
FCCs: 2, 6, 10
Recommended Tracks: 1, 5, 6
1. (3:54) 80s - Great melody, cool harmonies, "And if you’re still looking for an answer/ maybe you should look for something else."
2. FCC SHIT (4:00) Closing - Another mid tempo track, steady drums, cool falsettos, more indie pop.
3. (2:34) Living Together - Down tempo, minimal, flutes.
4. (6:08) While You're Here - For the first two minutes, it sounds like this song was sung under water, then it builds into a fuller more melodic song.
5. (3:51) On Our Way - Mid tempo, very Local Natives sounding.
6. FCC BITCH (5:32) Real Life - Up tempo, this one is my favorite. Cool shuffle on the drums, laid back feel but infectious melody.
7. (6:23) She Won't Stay For Long - Piano and vocals only.
8. (2:06) Shadow Song - Piano only at the beginning, other instruments build in to a song with a jumpy beat.
9. (2:18) Wait - Dpwn-tempo and distant
10. FCC FUCK (2:42) Rooftop Song - 2 minutes of instrumental, weird effects, kind of cool.
11. (4:20) Children - More mid tempo indie pop with a catchy melody.
|2.||Closing||7.||She Won't Stay For Long|
|3.||Living Together||8.||Shadow Song|
|4.||While You're Here||9.||Wait|
|5.||On Our Way||10.||Rooftop Song|