|Montropo / Follow Me|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24||Pull Date:||2015-06-26|
|Week Ending:||17 May||10 May||3 May|
|1.||May 15, 2015:||ZoeRadio |
All Grown Up
|4.||May 01, 2015:||Time Traveler |
Letter To Mary
|2.||May 14, 2015:||Mountain Music |
Together And Alone
|5.||Apr 30, 2015:||Meow |
In A Shade
|3.||May 07, 2015:||The Peninsula Report |
In A Shade
This is the debut album from Montropo. It is really really special. Andrés Diaz, the front man, is a classically trained guitarist and so the songs are all really interesting and really beautiful instrumentally. Genre-wise, this would be indie-folk and many of the tracks feel like they were recorded in the 60s/70s. RIYL: Cat Stevens, Love, Sufjan Stevens, The Kinks.|
Favorites: 2, 4, 7, 11, 13; but you can really choose any, so good start to finish
1. (2:48) Follow Me - A bit dark but very pretty, very vintage folk vibe.
2. (3:16) In A Shade - Love love this one, beautiful, the melody is timeless, reminds me of a Love song.
3. (3:02) Brother, Stay - Upbeat, more 60s folk feel, love his voice.
4. (4:14) Letter To Mary - You can hear his classical guitar training on this one. RIYL: Decemberists.
5. (2:49) A Woman So Kind - Beautiful love song.
6. (3:05) There Must Be - Down tempo, beautiful guitar plucking, simple, great.
7. (2:55) All Grown Up - This one feels like a more current indie-folk track, love love it.
8. (3:51) Cathedral - Another one where the classical guitar playing is palpable, awesome and almost medieval feeling.
9. (3:51) Helios - Mid tempo vintage folk.
10. (3:30) Something To See - Mid tempo love song.
11. (3:22) Together And Alone - Another one of my favorites, beautifully urgent, heartbreaking, a great song. "I tried to believe, that i could only deceive myself, i wanted to leave, but i could only repeat myself, and lie down there with you again."
12. (4:09) Bessie - Down tempo and darker.
13. (3:11) Come Away - Mid tempo and upbeat to close out the record, super cute, great close.
|1.||Follow Me||7.||All Grown Up|
|2.||In A Shade||8.||Cathedral|
|4.||Letter To Mary||10.||Something To See|
|5.||A Woman So Kind||11.||Together And Alone|
|6.||There Must Be||12.||Bessie|