|Ava Luna / Infinite House|
|Artist:||Ava Luna||Added:||Apr 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24||Pull Date:||2015-06-26|
|Week Ending:||Jun 21||Jun 14||Jun 7||May 31||May 24||May 17||May 10||May 3|
|1.||Apr 03, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
|4.||Apr 02, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|2.||Jul 19, 2017:||day tapes #2 |
|5.||Feb 13, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|3.||Oct 26, 2016:||deep storage |
|6.||Dec 11, 2015:||A Visit From Drum (Best of '15) |
Genre: nervous soul (their words, not mine), r&b, m.c. escher|
Weirdo soul with a math-rock twist. Really awesome vocals and all-around musicianship. One of the most creative indie albums I’ve heard all year.
Others: Dirty Projectors, Battles, Hiatus Kaiyote, Deerhoof
Favorites: 2, 3, 5, 4, 8, 11, 9
1. (2:55) Sly and tight then heavier chorus. A little jarring on first listen, but great stuff overall.
2. (3:23) *** Screwball guitar…a cascade of heavenly singers. This song has such a strut.
3. (4:04) *** Spoken-word, surreal storytelling. Willfully bizarre but in a cool way…believe me! Female vox.
4. (2:51) *** Mmm this just hits all the sweet spots. Feels like it could be the theme song to some 70’s tv show.
5. (3:45) *** Smooth female vox. Love the interplay between spoken and sung vocals. Lean, wiry guitar lines.
6. (2:19) Mellow…spacey. Really pretty vocals. Very much an interlude track, good lead in to...
7. (2:52) Sparse, folkier vibe. Out of nowhere distorted electric guitar explosion.
8. (3:08) *** Cruising down main street with money in your pocket and wind in your sails…it’s that kind of song.
9. (3:11) Who’s gonna pay my billz?
10. (2:23) Soft, melancholy. Spacey synth work in the second half. Nice simple track.
11. (7:36) *** Longest song by far I’ve ever heard from this group. Cool, experimental vibe. Reverb everywhere…locked in drums…vocals float in and out. Closest to psych rock more than anything else. Bizarre end to a bizarre journey.
|3.||Steve Polyester||8.||Best Hexagon|
|4.||Roses & Cherries||9.||Billz|
|5.||Coat Of Shellac||10.||Victoria|