|Villages / Procession Acts|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24||Pull Date:||2015-06-26||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||28 Jun||21 Jun||14 Jun||7 Jun||31 May||24 May||17 May||10 May|
|1.||Mon, 10 Oct 16:||DJ Aporia|
|4.||Wed, 24 Jun 15:||Dr. Information|
|2.||Fri, 11 Dec 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum (Best of '15)
|5.||Sat, 20 Jun 15:||Eme O|
|3.||Thu, 25 Jun 15:||lionel hutz|
|6.||Thu, 11 Jun 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum
Genre: fog, ambient, rural landscapes|
I listened to this album in the dark. That is, I knew absolutely nothing about the artist (beyond the fact that it was released on the ever consistent Bathetic Records), and listened to it for the first time late one night in the pitch black. This is honestly one of the most affecting, creative ambient albums I’ve heard in a long time. An overwhelming continuous listening experience. As of today, April 23rd, count this as my favorite album of 2015.
Others: Hiss Tracts, Mount Eerie, Loscil, Tim Hecker, Dirty Beaches
Favorites:…Everything. Play on continuous and just pot down because everything flows together.
1. (3:30) Sandy textures rustling over gorgeous piano led ambient.
2. (3:37) Folky guitar…small shaker rhythm. Totally entrancing.
3. (2:51) Metallic musique concrete. Strips down to nearly bare piano for the last 30 seconds or so…
4. (4:30) Tense, cinematic strings. A steady pulse sneaks its way into the blanket of sound.
5. (1:23) More acoustic guitar buried beneath the fog.
6. (4:00) Shifting, dark. Is that a cello making that deep fluttering sound? First clear cut off point between tracks.
7. (4:22) Stunning. Lost at sea. Builds into a slightly noisy finale.
8. (5:52) This track really feels like the centerpiece to me. Incorporates guitar, piano, and simple percussion. Ends with rainy found sound and piano motif. Favorite song.
9. (1:55) Dour. Muted clanging church bell…all sorts of peripheral noises.
10. (4:23) Frantic strings. All consuming ambient roar takes over.
11. (3:44) Calm, shimmering. A bit of folk brightness…fades into nothingness...
|1.||Beginnings In Dust||6.||Pillars In Half Light|
|2.||Devouring The Whole||7.||Open In Reverse|
|3.||The Luddite||8.||Out Of The Mines|
|4.||Tell The Butcher||9.||Predecessors|
|5.||Coat Of Arms||10.||Slow Successors|
|11.||Endings In Rust|