|American Wrestlers / American Wrestlers|
|Artist:||American Wrestlers||Added:||Apr 2015|
|Label:||Fat Possum Records|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24||Pull Date:||2015-06-26|
|Week Ending:||Jun 14||May 31||May 24||May 17||May 10||May 3|
|1.||Feb 07, 2017:||satin fever |
|4.||May 30, 2015:||Distractions |
There's No One Crying Over Me Either
|2.||Oct 19, 2015:||The Fishbowl |
I Can Do No Wrong
|5.||May 25, 2015:||Shytown |
|3.||Jun 08, 2015:||Shytown |
The Rest Of You
|6.||May 21, 2015:||Pentagonal Banana |
I Can Do No Wrong
This is the debut, self-titeled release of American Wrestlers. All songs were written, performed and recorded my Gary McClure in Saint Louis, MO using pawn shop instruments and a TASCAM 8-Track. It RULES!! I really like this record. Simple poppy hooks, lo-fi sound, great instrumentation, and fantastic melodies accompanied by thoughtful lyrics. RIYL: Metronomy, Phoenix...|
Recommended Tracks: 1, 7, 8, 9
1. (4:52) There's No One Crying Over Me Either - This song melted me, it is beautiful and still has an indie pop feel. He made this lo-fi sound so big and it really captured.
2. (5:50) Holy - Slightly faster paced, great guitar melody, echoey vocals.
3. (5:24) Wild Yonder - Down tempo, keyboard driven, very pretty.
4. (3:48) I Can Do No Wrong - Up beat, poppy, feels effortless, great melody, cool sound.
5. (4:33) The Rest Of You - Jumpy lo-fi indie pop. Cool harmonies, driven by frantic guitar strumming.
6. (4:47) Kelly - Cleaner sound, drum machine, less effects over all, builds into a larger sound, another great melody.
7. (7:18) Cheapshot - Love this one, super simple guitar melody, great vocal melody, fuzzy guitar comes in around 1:15 and brings that warm sound back in, so good.
8. (6:14) Left - I will say it again: this one rules too. Mid tempo, melodic, super pretty. "No I won't be left behind"
9. (5:51) This Ain't - More indie pop vibes, cool piano melody.
|1.||There's No One Crying Over Me Either||5.||The Rest Of You|
|4.||I Can Do No Wrong||8.||Left|