|Very Best, The / Makes A King|
|Album:||Makes A King||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Very Best, The||Added:||Apr 2015|
|Label:||Moshi Moshi Records|
|Add Date:||2015-05-08||Pull Date:||2015-07-10|
|Week Ending:||Jul 12||Jun 28||Jun 14||Jun 7||May 31||May 17|
|1.||Jul 10, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|4.||Jun 12, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Jul 08, 2015:||ZoëRadio |
|5.||Jun 05, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Jun 26, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Jun 03, 2015:||Moonlight Impressions |
The Very Best is an awesome collaborative project between Radioclit (producer) and vocalist Esau Mwamwaya, a Malawi Native. This is their 6th release, it is all feel good and big sounds with amazing harmonies. The vocals are great and it is just fun to listen to.|
Favoirites: 3, 4, 10, 11
1. Nkhondo - Think of this as an intro, it is awesome, beautiful harmonies and almost no instrumentation.
2. Hear Me - Mid tempo, cool beat, mellow, and beautiful. Vampire Weekend's Chris Baio plays the guitar.
3. Let Go - Love this one. Anthemic, killer melody, and yet still simple.
4. Guju Guju - Super cool beat, more electronic, totally infectious.
5. Bilimankwe Feat. Jerere - A'cappella, awesome.
6. Sweka - More dancehall, not really my thing.
7. Mwana Wanga - Downtempo, minimal, pretty guitar, more great harmonies.
8. Mariana Feat. Seye - Uptempo pop track.
9. The Dead And The Dreaming Feat. Seye - Distorted vocals, and weird distortion at the beginning, but pretty cool.
10. Kanyale - Great beat, another one of my favorites.
11. Umasiye Feat. Baaba Maal - This is another great one, the guest vocalist is amazing.
12. Ufumu - Instrumental track
13. Makes A King Feat. Jutty Taylor - Uptempo and fun to close it out.
|2.||Hear Me||8.||Mariana Feat. Seye|
|3.||Let Go||9.||The Dead And The Dreaming Feat. Seye|
|5.||Bilimankwe Feat. Jerere||11.||Umasiye Feat. Baaba Maal|
|13.||Makes A King Feat. Jutty Taylor|