|Stevens, Sufjan / Carrie And Lowell|
|Album:||Carrie And Lowell||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Stevens, Sufjan||Added:||Apr 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24||Pull Date:||2015-06-26|
|Week Ending:||Jun 21||Jun 14||Jun 7||May 31||May 24||May 17||May 10||May 3|
|1.||May 29, 2023:||Pest Control |
|4.||Apr 27, 2022:||The Road Trip (rebroadcast from Mar 3, 2017) |
John My Beloved
|2.||May 04, 2023:||emergency meeting |
Should Have Known Better
|5.||Jan 20, 2022:||nearby galaxies (rebroadcast from Mar 6, 2019) |
Carrie And Lowell
|3.||Mar 16, 2023:||emergency meeting |
Fourth Of July
|6.||Sep 01, 2021:||nearby galaxies (rebroadcast from Mar 6, 2019) |
Carrie And Lowell
Indie Pop / Art pop / Alt-folk. Simple compositions that emphasize Sufjan’s lyrics. All songs are about death. RIYL: Andrew Bird, Joanna Newsom, The Microphones, Jens Lekman, Grizzly Bear. FCC clean.|
1. (4:00) Death With Dignity. *** Beautiful, simple, sentimental, soft, longing, love it.
2. (5:08) Should Have Known Better. *** Eerie, beautiful, dreamy. Captivating melody.
3. (3:42) All Of Me Wants All Of You. ** Beautiful song.
4. (3:18) Drawn To The Blood. ** Tension in lyrics and instrumentals. Breaks down at end, synth carries you out.
5. (2:27) Eugene. ** Flat picked, soft, and beautiful.
6. (4:39) Fourth Of July. * Dreamy piano and synth. I dislike his use of terms of endearment in the lyrics.
7. (4:44) The Only Thing. *** Bare and pretty.
8. (3:15) Carrie and Lowell. *** Bright flat picked instrumentals. Synth in background. Pretty.
9. (5:05) John My Beloved. **** Play me. This song is beautiful.
10. (2:41) No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross. (FCC, Fucking) *** Again flat picked and beautiful.
11. (4:44) Blue Bucket of Gold. * Simple piano melody. Dreamy and Christian.
|1.||Death With Dignity||6.||Fourth Of July|
|2.||Should Have Known Better||7.||The Only Thing|
|3.||All Of Me Wants All Of You||8.||Carrie And Lowell|
|4.||Drawn To The Blood||9.||John My Beloved|
|5.||Eugene||10.||No Shade In The Shadow Of The Cross|
|11.||Blue Bucket Of Gold|