|Lower Dens / Escape From Evil|
|Album:||Escape From Evil||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Lower Dens||Added:||Apr 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24||Pull Date:||2015-06-26|
|Week Ending:||Jun 14||Jun 7||May 31||May 24||May 17||May 10||May 3|
|1.||Oct 05, 2017:||moodswings: the BOOporium |
I Am The Earth
|4.||Feb 14, 2017:||Magnetized Toner In Love |
To Die In L.A.
|2.||Sep 07, 2017:||moodswings |
|5.||May 06, 2016:||A Visit From Drum (Closers) |
|3.||Mar 04, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Feb 25, 2016:||All Passion No Technique |
Your Heart Still Beating
Indie rock / Dream pop / Post-punk. Third full length and released on Ribbon Music (Domino). More poppy than previous albums like Twin-Hand Movement. FCC Clean. RIYL: War on Drugs, Wild Nothing, Viet Cong, Blouse.|
1. (4:57) Sucker’s Shangri-la. * Big opener. Airy. Steady percussion with synth background.
2. (3:07) Ondine. * Bouncing synth bass melody. Moody synth background. Electric guitar used to accent vocal lines in verse and play melody in chorus. “I will treat you better.”
3. (4:12) To Die in L.A. * Propulsive synth pop. Tight almost angular synth melody on bed of strummed guitar. Bass drives this song.
4. (3:35) Quo Vadis. Upbeat and moving. Bass foreground with synth haze background.
5. (5:27) Your Heart Still Beating. * Begins with tempo ramp and syncopation in the drum line. Tempo locks and melody oscillates between bright / airy and muddy / eerie.
6. (4:08) Electric Current. Steady staccato synth piano chords. Prominent bass. Tense song.
7. (5:08) I Am the Earth. Eerie and plodding. Dramatic vocals.
8. (4:33) Company. Driving, pulsing syncopation in bass line. Upbeat and fun. Muddy synth background.
9. (3:21) Societe Anonyme. * Driving, propulsive, poppy, repetitive and fluid.
|1.||Sucker's Shangri-La||5.||Your Heart Still Beating|
|3.||To Die In L.A.||7.||I Am The Earth|