|Nofx & Friends / Home Street Home: Original Songs From The Shit Musical|
|Album:||Home Street Home: Original Songs From The Shit Musical||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Nofx & Friends||Added:||05/2015|
|Label:||Fat Wreck Chords|
|Add Date:||2015-05-08||Pull Date:||2015-07-10|
|Week Ending:||12 Jul||21 Jun||14 Jun|
|1.||Wed, 08 Jul 15:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|3.||Wed, 10 Jun 15:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|2.||Wed, 17 Jun 15:||Your Imaginary Friend|
Artist: NOFX & Friends|
Album: Home Street Home the Musical
Label: Fat Wreck Chord
The album features performances by Fat Mike and NOFX, and includes Frank Turner, Alkaline Trio’s Matt Skiba, Lena Hall, Stacey Dee, the late Tony Sly of No Use For A Name, and Dance Hall Crashers’ Karina Denike. Members of Descendents, Lagwagon, Old Man Markley, Mad Caddies, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, The Aggrolites, The Living End, The Real McKenzies, and RKL also play on many of the tracks. Home Street Home revolves around Sue, a 16-year old runaway who plunges headfirst into the deviant subculture and alternative lifestyle of the streets. Pretty cool album, explores a lot of dark themes relating to teenagers, upbringing, family, and abuse. Laden with FCCs so watch out.
FCC: 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15, 16, 18
Picks: 1, 4, *5*, *6*, 8, *12*, 15
*1. (4:10) Starts slow and then speeds up to punky drum banging. From the perspective of a kid being sexually abused by her dad.
2. (1:33) Tongue in cheek lyrics with simple guitar backing male vox
3. FCC fuck (2:16) Faster driving punk jam about “urban campers”
*4. FCC fuck, shit (2:04) Banjo mixed with big drums and scratchy satirical male vox backed by females
**5. (3:16) Slow piano -ballad about sibling rivalry. So dark and awesome
**6. FCC fuck (3:27) “When everybodys doing drugs, it makes the world a better place to be” Carnival/ragtime-esque fun song. Male & fem vox
7. FCC fucks (1:40) Big drums and ‘lectric guitar. Male/ fem vox about prostitution
*8. (0:42) Australian male vox (*swoon*), with uke and synth backing along w/ fem vox
9. (2:15) Slow ballad with string from mom’s perspective on runaway daughter
10. FCC asshole (3:02) Light bagpipes w/ big drums and guitars, dark fem scratchy vox
11. (2:01) Horns! Ragtime/ New Orleans feeling with fem vox about BDSM
**12. FCC shit (2:24) Fast and big drums and guitars, with different characters saying “safe words” lots of descriptions of lewd sexual acts
13. (0:42) Second part of track 8. “Another Bad Decision”... the Australian! swoon.
14. (1:52) Oh man this song is really dark. Slow ballad with descriptions of suicide by fem vox.
*15. FCC fucking (2:13) ~forbidden love~ b/t a punk and a normal dude. pretty funny poppy punk song
16. FCC fuck (3:56) Starts as jazzier song with xylophones then morphs into poppy punk tune. Scratchy fem vox.
17. (3:10) Ballad about why life sucks. Full & scratchy female vox, and scratchy male. ‘Lectric guitar makes a guest appearance
18. FCC fucking (3:27) Electric organ, banging drums, big finale song.